the-james-cook-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 50,770 reviews Write a review

The James Cook University Hospital

Marton Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England, TS4 3BW

4th October 2016

I have had a hip, knee , disk in my neck replacements and other operations and my youngest daughter who is now 26 all done in James Cook hospital I wouldn't want to go anywhere else I've always been treated by first class doctors and nurses and any other staff who works there, and the food is lovely. I would support them 100%

13th October 2016

Some of the staff were brilliant, particularly Kath a staff nurse, Naomi a staff nurse, Jan a staff nurse, Karen a health care assistant and I'm really sorry I can't remember their surnames and Sheila Strangeways health care assistant, they were so caring and considerate towards me even at my lowest point when others didn't seem bothered! I was very impressed with the wheelchair accessibility for a shower, I did however find a couple of the supposed disabled accessible toilets on the ward were very difficult to access with my wheelchair! I did feel the drug administration left a lot to be desired and I feel could actually be quite dangerous. I really do feel that when staff are so busy it would be so helpful to them and patients, who are capable, if they could self medicate, and with lockable cupboards I don't see the problem. Some staff own time management skills seem to be very lacking, unless there was something I was missing! I don't agree with staff making up my care plan without discussing it with me and putting incorrect information in that care plan. I don't like the fact that although staff did regular observations and asked the questions from the palm computers, my answers were never acted on! Some of the food is very poor. The doctors still see a condition not a whole person and their conditions which is not helpful at all. I was not at all well all night before my discharge, I did not feel at all well on the morning of my discharge, I did not feel safe to go home to be on my own as I live alone and I did tell all members of staff yet I was still discharged home and I am struggling. When things are promised from the doctors and nurse specialists it should happen.

5th September 2016

All the staff were brill, Mr Jaha gets top marks, as his team does.

1st October 2016

I cannot thank all the staff enough for their patience, Empathy, Dedication, friendlyness, Professionalism and going the extra mile to ensure my experience was comfortable and a success. Nothing was too much trouble. The whole team involved with me from the moment of my first appointment to my discharge understood what was expected of them and they worked tirelessly as a closely knit team to make my stay very comfortable. The busy wards and facilities were extremely clean and the staff remained calm and in control of the situations. Many thanks to one and all. Very Kind Regards George(AKA Bob)Marley

9th September 2016

Ward 5 what can I say but absolutely Brilliant the Nurses were outstanding caring and very patient with the older patients they were always smiling never ignorant and very hard working ! The cleaners the tea ladies again made you feel welcome always spoke and cracked a joke or two this does help believe me ! the doctors were brilliant from the students up to the consultants I was in for nearly two weeks and must say I made some very good friends ten out of ten an easy score to give Thanks to all who made my stay enjoyable stars each and everyone !

{{category}} working at The James Cook University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The James Cook University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb49d