the-james-cook-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 50,772 reviews Write a review

The James Cook University Hospital

Marton Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England, TS4 3BW

19th November 2016

I developed pre eclampsia during week 34 of pregnancy and had to be admitted for delivery. The care I received before, during and after delivery was unparalleled. We hadn't expected this high level of care and dedication from doctors and midwives. I would specially like to thank all the midwives who helped me and encouraged me to breastfeed. Thanks to them now I am able to breastfeed my preterm baby. Me and my husband were very satisfied with the services during our prolonged 2 week stay in hospital. Everyone including doctors , nurses, midwives and even janitors were so helpful. I would highly recommend this hospital for maternity services.

10th November 2016

i live in darlington and i dont feel its fair to send patients from differant parts of the country to hospitals all for poss saving money or resoreses in saying that though i could not have been in better hands i was on the renal ward ward 4 and the staff there were brilliant all of them the nurses doctors cleaners ladies who brought the menues around i will name as name staff as i can rememeber please accept appoloagies if your not mentiontioned here its not that you didnt do a good job its just i forgot your name my fault as you know iam a complicated lady ha ha ok here we go mark anthony,kath,louise,jade,dave who left to work in the hydro pool i belive jamie stephanie,tina,sally,the phyisothepists did well aswell iam sorry i have forgotton the names of the ladies who brought the meals around exallent food even though in my case tase buds shot except sweet stuff and of course the maintance guys aswell a big thankyou to everyone and of course the doctors aswell of course carnt forget them a big thankyou if it was up to me you would get a massive pay rise and much better equipment and other wards wouldnt have to keep tell you tyou had to return things you had borrowed

4th October 2016

I have had a hip, knee , disk in my neck replacements and other operations and my youngest daughter who is now 26 all done in James Cook hospital I wouldn't want to go anywhere else I've always been treated by first class doctors and nurses and any other staff who works there, and the food is lovely. I would support them 100%

13th October 2016

Some of the staff were brilliant, particularly Kath a staff nurse, Naomi a staff nurse, Jan a staff nurse, Karen a health care assistant and I'm really sorry I can't remember their surnames and Sheila Strangeways health care assistant, they were so caring and considerate towards me even at my lowest point when others didn't seem bothered! I was very impressed with the wheelchair accessibility for a shower, I did however find a couple of the supposed disabled accessible toilets on the ward were very difficult to access with my wheelchair! I did feel the drug administration left a lot to be desired and I feel could actually be quite dangerous. I really do feel that when staff are so busy it would be so helpful to them and patients, who are capable, if they could self medicate, and with lockable cupboards I don't see the problem. Some staff own time management skills seem to be very lacking, unless there was something I was missing! I don't agree with staff making up my care plan without discussing it with me and putting incorrect information in that care plan. I don't like the fact that although staff did regular observations and asked the questions from the palm computers, my answers were never acted on! Some of the food is very poor. The doctors still see a condition not a whole person and their conditions which is not helpful at all. I was not at all well all night before my discharge, I did not feel at all well on the morning of my discharge, I did not feel safe to go home to be on my own as I live alone and I did tell all members of staff yet I was still discharged home and I am struggling. When things are promised from the doctors and nurse specialists it should happen.

5th September 2016

All the staff were brill, Mr Jaha gets top marks, as his team does.

{{category}} working at The James Cook University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The James Cook University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb49d