Royal Alexandra Hospital

Corsebar Road, Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland, PA2 9PN

1st October 2018

I have just returned home from having a ct scan in the R.A.H. Paisley. I have to say that I was horrified that there was one large waiting room with a desk. The female behind the desk asks you to confirm your name, address and date of birth along with phone number in perfectly audable dustance to everyone in the room! So much for patient confidentiality! While I was sitting there I was privvy to the name and address and date of birth of another patient. The appointment letter I received detailed that I should start drinking plenty of fluid before leaving the house and keep drinking when get to hospital. I was met by an officious lady who reprimanded me for drinking more than 500mls at home and she would give me another 500mls in the unit. I pointed out I followed what I was told on the letter and showed her the letter. She was not pleased. I suggested they updated the letter if it was no longer factual. She said she would be reporting it to a manager. Good. So will I! I have to say that once I got past this female to the scan room the staff were amazing and quickly got everything done and scan completed. My thanks to them. Very professional. There was just no need for the first ladys problem making.

18th September 2018

Having attended the gynaecology department at this hospital for 25years under the care of many useless consultants, my gratitude goes to Dr J Crawford in the Colposcopy department. It was she whose knowledge and awareness led to her performing a biopsy which led to scan to diagnose ovarian cancer. This woman is worth more than all the so called consultant gynaecologists in the hospital. Unfortunately after she arranged a scan I was sent to their care and did not see her again. I was summoned to the hospital to receive my scan result from a man I had never met. He informed me he was the lead consultant up there. Could have been the cleaner. The female who tagged along with him, I was never introduced to but she was able to listen to my personal details. The whole thing could have been done over the phone. It wasted my time going all the way up there to meet two strangers for five minutes.

19th June 2018

This hospital is where my father passed away after a very long illness my father was treated at this hospital for many years with great care thank you.

9th August 2017

Very caring and professional staff, only observation I would make is the shortage of staff,especially porters. I lay in the corridor having had an ex-Ray for one and a half hours waiting to return to ward 23. My ex-Ray was on Friday 4th July 2017 Your hospital is well run and staff a real credit to NHS.

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

1st April 2013

Nurses are angels.

{{category}} working at Royal Alexandra Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Alexandra Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4uc