queens-hospital-1

1 2 3 4 5 248,381 reviews

Review of Outpatient Team 2, written by a family member
22nd October 2020

Satisfaction:
My 95 year old mother was due a telephone consultation from opthalmology at 1.50 today. I was there at 1.30 having taken time off work. At 2.15 I called and spoke to an extremely rude man who really didn't want to check records for me, stating "they are at home, the appointment hasn't been cleared, they will get to you"when I insisted. No please Thank you or goodbye. So we waited until 3.30 when I eventually got through again. The lady said she would send an email to the consultant, but at 5pm I gave up and went home. All afternoon waiting and I could forgive this in these strange times but some of your staff need to learn how to speak to people even when they are under pressure. It could be a member of their family that is being treated so poorly.

Improvement:
You could have told us if the appointment was not taking place. You could have apologised. You could have shown some compassion for an old lady who has been through a war and worked all her life and got herself worked up about this appointment only for it not to happen, something else to add to her worries. Good manners cost nothing

21st October 2020

Dr Andrew Palmer is an outstanding physician I would highly recommend him. If you need a nephrologist for an opinion or management of a long term kidney condition he's your man. He is thorough he will look after you, you are I safe hands and it's fun seeing him. He's charming and funny and well if you are going to be unwell it may as well be entertaining! Highly recommended. I have to say I was slightly disappointed to be pronounced kidney fit and not to have the pleasure of seeing him again!

21st October 2020

As a result of an operation on my spine, recently, many things in my life have changed. I can walk and turn without difficulty, I can now turn over in bed and I can wipe my behind. I feel better in myself and never lethargic. I daily walk about 3km and I also do my exercises as instructed by the Physio-therapist. I am hoping to reduce my medication

19th October 2020

Every one of the staff/nurses/doctors do an amazing job.

18th October 2020

I am writing on behalf of my mum who speaks very little english. My mum was very nervous because of the procedure and also because no one else was allowed to attend with her (due to covid). Bama (nurse) made my mum feel extremely comfortable and the fact that she was fluent in Tamil made my mum feel extremely comfortable. Bama was very informative, kind and patient. A very big thank you to Bama from both my mum and I.

16th October 2020

Well organised during this time.

Review of Medical Receiving Unit, written by a patient
14th October 2020

Satisfaction:
Two particular members of staff on duty were unkind in their manner and care of me. They worked in a pair. They were verbally aggressive in their tone and manner trying to get me to move up the bed and to move round generally. My long standing condition makes me immobile and my reason for being in the MRU had made this worse. I was made to feel a nuisance and anxious. This made my condition worse. Although they both complained to each other that they would not help me because of bad backs they continued to hector me.

Improvement:
Monitor the staff who care for immobile and elderly. Train staff to have a better understanding of Parkinson's Disease.

11th October 2020

I just wanted to say Queens hospital is a good hospital normally .. Until today, I had a appointment with Day Surgery pain management for Injections.The letter I received did not give any the New directions My husband and I went to the main reception,the security man looked briefly at my letter and said I don't know where that is, great start? another man said it's right round the hospital on the left as you come out the hospital,so we walked and walked, couldn't find the instructions were no way helpful,cut a long story short I ended up in A E, the receptionist was very helpful she spoke to a security guard who kindly offered to take me there,he was worried about how far it is was because I have trubble walking still no signs ,we went past the ambulance station then the police station,oh lo and behold there was the first sign, I was so late the nurses had been calling me. In no way are the nurses or doctors are to blame it is very poor organisation.Sercurity guards we're rude and not very helpful apart the one who helped me. My husband was called and said I was ready to be collected again he was very frustrated because the guards we're no help at all he could not call me and I couldn't call him because of no signal in the hospital...My poor husband was sent on goose chase to no avail four times ,in the end my husband said I'm going to get my wife one way or another they even thertend with the police, in the end a nurse over heard what was going on she asked my husband if he new where he was going and finally he found me with the nurse on my way out what a day I don't want to repeat, please send the right direction for further patients on their administration letters.many thanks Misty.

11th October 2020

All good

Review of COPE, written by a patient
8th October 2020

Satisfaction:
The Cope nurses have been absolutely amazing! Despite working long hours there is no hint of them hurrying you along when they call. They spend time checking you thoroughly and that you are carrying out your exercises correctly. They are so professional, kind and encouraging - an absolute credit to their profession. When you hear of all the cuts to social services I could never have envisaged receiving such top notch treatment, which could not be bettered elsewhere.

Improvement:
So far - nothing. Care has been superlative! A phone call advising when they are on their way would be useful but that is nit picking.

Doctor communication

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2