nottingham-city-hospital

Nottingham City Hospital

Hucknall Road, Nottingham, England, NG5 1PB

Written by a NHS patient
20th March 2021

My parent is on a ward, and someone in my family called for an update as they were rushed in urgently and we do not know her condition. My family member was told that the nurse could not take the call as they're the fourth person thats called about her. Now i wasn’t aware that there was a telephone call limit. I myself was told that i was the second person thats called. Disgusting service! Were not allowed to visit due to Covid which is understandable, and information and updates regarding our own parent is restricted.

Written by a NHS patient
15th February 2021

Everybody in Mr. Bloch’s team from him to all his staff and the ward staff, haematology, physiotherapists, occupational health, chaplaincy, porters and cleaners, wer absolutely fantastic. I would recommend anyone to enjoy the care I received. Rosemary Smith.

12th January 2021

My son needed emergency surgery. They were responsive and did an amazing surgery. We can’t thank the team on patience 2 enough Thank you so much

7th January 2021

My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in Sept 2020 and was advised it was inoperable and not treatable, so we sought out a second opinion from Nottingham City Hospital. Dr Arora was a lot more positive and said the reasons given for non-treatment could be overcome and after a number of tests and checks the first round of chemo started in mid December. The care by this hospital, the specialists, nurses and all staff we have encountered is absolutely wonderful! I have visited both the McMillan care office and Maggie's cancer hub and again been welcomed and encouraged by the people there. All precautions against C-19 have been put in place with the result of giving a feeling of trust.

7th January 2021

2nd November 2020

Treatment was fine but I was not tested for Covid before being discharged back home. This means my partner was put at risk, and I will not be certain if I have the virus for several days. I believe all discharged patients should be checked for Covid when sent back home, there are plenty of at risk patients living at home, not just at care homes.

16th October 2020

City is a really pleasant hospital in a pleasant setting - out of the centre of town. It is preferable to visit here rather than QMC for chronic long term conditions . The staff are really kind and efficient. The maps provided for a first visit are very small and confusing and perhaps could be improved on.

26th July 2020

I would like to give a shout-out to the team(s) at Dundee House. All of the staff working there have always treated me with dignity and respect. They offer great care which, until the Covid outbreak was virtually on a walk-in basis. It is unfortunate that they cannot now give this same standard of service due to limitations imposed by social distancing regulations requiring stricter appointments and no short notice/walk in service.

26th July 2020

I felt that, on the day of the operation, I wasn't acknowledged as an individual patient by the surgeon, but rather as just another procedure to be performed. The other staff involved were absolutely spot on. I was able to give my opinion, in this respect, to the Registrar at a follow up consultation.

5th June 2020

The team at Nottingham City Hospital were all wonderful. We greatly appreciate the time, skill and care shown by every member of staff involved during my family's experience there. Thank you everyone, for your generous contribution to the health and wellbeing of my family.

{{category}} working at Nottingham City Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Nottingham City Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4nm