Nottingham City Hospital

Hucknall Road, Nottingham, England, NG5 1PB

4th June 2014

The level of care I received in both Lawrence and Bonnington Wards plus the maternity suite was outstanding from start to finish. All the staff were excellent at explaining what was going to happen to me during and post labour. I was amazed by the number of staff I was seen by from different departments e.g. physio, midwives, and consultants and how information exchange between them took place so efficiently. During labour, my midwife was fantastic and cared for me in a manner that made me feel safe and informed. I always felt that nothing was too much trouble for her and she would do anything to help me. After delivery, the staff on Bonnington were brilliant and I didn't feel daft buzzing for a midwife to come and help me any number of times. They always did so in a caring and understanding way. It was also great that I didnt feel rushed to leave the ward to go home and was able to stay longer until I felt more confident with breast feeding. The only slight down side was the number of midwives that I saw during inducement- Due to the length of time it took and shift patterns, I would just be getting to know one before she had to leave and wouldnt be in again for a couple of days. Thankfully I did have the same midwife throughout once established labour commenced which made me feel secure. I can't see how this could be improved though, the midwives already do very long days so I'm not sure it could really be resolved. Overall, fantastic experience and I couldnt have hoped for better care. Thank you.

16th February 2014

If I had not been ill then this would have been one of the best weekend breaks I have ever had! The whole ethos is on patient care from the cleaning staff to catering to nurses to doctors. I had my own self administered pain relief and then more on request. The staff were faultless. This is an example of how a health care should be run at its best.

23rd January 2014

all I can say is all staff on oncology out patience and Gearvis pierson ward treated us all excellently

9th November 2013

Well looked after

{{category}} working at Nottingham City Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Nottingham City Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4nm