nottingham-city-hospital

Hucknall Road, Nottingham, England, NG5 1PB

19th July 2021

Effecient all round service

10th June 2021

The oncology ward at Nottingham City Hospital is terrible - new nurses and doctors come in every day and they are never familiar with the cases or what has been done. They tick off feeding times and other services when such things have not even happened (very very dangerous and this is effectively lying). A transfer was meant to be made to a gastro unit for feeding purposes but this was not processed resulting in near starvation. Nurses tell sick patients off for being 'untidy' when this just is not the case and they should not be so nasty to such seriously ill patients. The oncology ward in Nottingham City Hospital is dangerously bad and in need of urgent attention.

15th May 2021

I wish to thank the nursing staff and those who looked after me during my recent stay, especially those on Burman Ward, Red Bay. I received total commitment from all, nursing staff, doctors and consultants alike who were responsible for diagnosis and treatment .The nurses were caring and understanding in providing treatment and ensuring that I was comfortable. The ward was spotless and cleaned regularly throughout the day to COVID standards. In addition, the food service provided enticing choices to accommodate the multicultural requirements of patients and served timely. All in all I witnessed the running of well oiled establishment. I really appreciate everything that was done for me and I would be very grateful if you would pass on my sincere thanks to the everyone concerned.

20th March 2021

My parent is on a ward, and someone in my family called for an update as they were rushed in urgently and we do not know her condition. My family member was told that the nurse could not take the call as they're the fourth person thats called about her. Now i wasn’t aware that there was a telephone call limit. I myself was told that i was the second person thats called. Disgusting service! Were not allowed to visit due to Covid which is understandable, and information and updates regarding our own parent is restricted.

15th February 2021

Everybody in Mr. Bloch’s team from him to all his staff and the ward staff, haematology, physiotherapists, occupational health, chaplaincy, porters and cleaners, wer absolutely fantastic. I would recommend anyone to enjoy the care I received. Rosemary Smith.

12th January 2021

My son needed emergency surgery. They were responsive and did an amazing surgery. We can’t thank the team on patience 2 enough Thank you so much

7th January 2021

My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in Sept 2020 and was advised it was inoperable and not treatable, so we sought out a second opinion from Nottingham City Hospital. Dr Arora was a lot more positive and said the reasons given for non-treatment could be overcome and after a number of tests and checks the first round of chemo started in mid December. The care by this hospital, the specialists, nurses and all staff we have encountered is absolutely wonderful! I have visited both the McMillan care office and Maggie's cancer hub and again been welcomed and encouraged by the people there. All precautions against C-19 have been put in place with the result of giving a feeling of trust.

7th January 2021

2nd November 2020

Treatment was fine but I was not tested for Covid before being discharged back home. This means my partner was put at risk, and I will not be certain if I have the virus for several days. I believe all discharged patients should be checked for Covid when sent back home, there are plenty of at risk patients living at home, not just at care homes.

16th October 2020

City is a really pleasant hospital in a pleasant setting - out of the centre of town. It is preferable to visit here rather than QMC for chronic long term conditions . The staff are really kind and efficient. The maps provided for a first visit are very small and confusing and perhaps could be improved on.

{{category}} working at Nottingham City Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Nottingham City Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4nm