North Devon District General Hospital

Raleigh Park, Barnstaple, Devon, England, EX31 4JB

15th February 2019

great care with good results

16th January 2019

The staff were very kind and friendly. The booklet I was given about my knee replacement was very helpful, it is difficult to absorb all the information you are given while you are in the hospital so it was useful to be able to refer to it later. The standard of the catering came as a very pleasant surprise.

5th December 2018

fabulous care by all involved with my 2 hip replacements. the carparking is sadly lacking!

18th November 2018

Did not have a good experience with one member of the physiotherapists who was rude, this was disappointing and distressing, this accident has been documented in the online questionnaire while in hospital

28th September 2018

Individuals working for North Devon District Hospital are, generally, very conscientious, hardworking, professional and trying to do their best under difficult conditions. However as for departments - the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!!, In order to get my husband's hip replacement surgery done, I had to complain, chase up, remind and refer one department to another (cardiology/ortheopaedics). If I had sat back and just let it all happen, my poor husband, who was in excruciating pain, would still be waiting for his surgery. While he was waiting for the mess to be sorted out, 2 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons left the Trust (my husband's included). This put everything back even more. When eventually he got his surgery (which went very well - his new surgeon was great!) he was on Tarka Ward. The nursing and housekeeping staff were lovely. However on day 2 post surgery, I left work to visit him and he had been discharged home with our son who was just visiting!! NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS. They should have called me to warn me what they wanted to do. I was led to believe he would be there for one more day. Our car is large and high - ideal for my husband to get into post surgery. Our son's car is low and small and not ideal. I had wanted to speak to the physio and to make sure I had all the appropriate information I needed as his Carer. As it was, he was not sent home with vital paperwork that he should have been given. He also did not receive a call 2 days post discharge from a nurse to enquire if everything was ok. This is supposed to happen - it says so in the leaflet my husband was given weeks before his surgery. All in all, not a good experience, although individuals who work for the Trust were brilliant, including the nursing staffand Mr. Nakhla his surgeon.

{{category}} working at North Devon District General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review North Devon District General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4mx