Basildon Hospital

Nether Mayne, Basildon, Essex, England, SS16 5NL

18th December 2022

I went in at 7pm with severe stomach pains from front to back was assessed and treated with intravenous fluids and morphine because My amylase levels were 400 + and normal is 100. They were brilliant despite being overwhelmed with patients Weds 15th Dec I left at 11 the next day because I felt better and they needed the beds badly for worse off patients Nurses should get a pay rise.

Written by
5th September 2022

Awful service when waiting for suspected skin cancer. I had 2 skin cancers removed from my nose 4 years ago and luckily this was done in Guys. On 8.10.21, my GP referred me to Basildon Hospital Dermatologist for a suspected skin cancer on my nose and back. I attended a dermatology appointment via Basildon Hospital Dermatology Dept on 12th January 2022. The dermatologist confirmed it looks like 2 skin cancers on my nose and also the lesion on my back. She said both on my nose must be done in Basildon Hospital as it’s the face and the one on my back can be removed in the clinic. 26th March 2022, I attended a Rayleigh Clinic and had the one on my back removed. I asked the surgeon to do a biopsy of the 2 on my face but he said he would not be allowed to do this. I complained to PALS as the 2 I had removed by Guys was completed within a couple of weeks from the initial referral. The dermatologist called me up from Basildon Hospital said I had to attend clinic again! On 19th May 2022, I attended to be told the same thing! The dermatologist from Basildon called me up to ask for me to attend clinic in Canvey, I said I was told the 2 on my nose must be done in hospital. She assured me that the plastic surgeon was attending the clinic and he is fully capable of removing the lesions. I attend the Canvey clinic on 24th August 2022. I was shocked when the surgeon said it was only a biopsy! He said sometimes if they have clear margins, he can remove all of it. He cut 2 chunks out of my face and told me one was 4 stitches and one was 3 stitches! As he was operating on me, the nurse went “ouch you nicked my finger” to the surgeon, he carried on cutting me and never changed the blade! He then said to the nurse “maybe you should change your gloves”. She then said she never thought it tore the glove. When the stitches were removed, there was 3 on one side and 2 on the other! This does not inspire confidence in me at all. I was also told it’s an 8 week wait for the biopsy! The stitches are now out and there are no clear margins as he has left part of the lesion still there. I have lost confidence in the hospital completely and they have ignored my messages for a callback and nobody answers and the phone often gets cut off after several rings!

16th April 2022

I just spent a week in Margery wallace ward. Nurses and staff amazing. Unfortunately , I felt so uncomfortable due to the terrible heat. I was told that it was just my four bed side ward...bed 25...that was this hot. As I left the ward I found this to be true. I could finally breath properly. I have cops so breathing is an issue. My legs also went purple and I couldn't beat my weight. As soon as I cooled down I was fine. I hope that this issue can be resolved for future patients sake! It made my week quite hellish.

11th March 2022

I had an MRI scan on Friday 18th February 2022 - I was extremely nervous as I have asthma and find it difficult to lay on my back but the guy who did my scan was so helpful and reassuring that I felt completely at ease. He was wonderful and the 15 minutes that the scan took just flew by! I need not have worried as I felt so relaxed. Thank you Basildon MRI department for making my time with you so stress free. I would recommend this department to everyone. Jenny Fowers

11th February 2022

Over the top security

4th February 2022

I had excellent care under Mr. SALIH at the Breast care Unit Basildon . as previously described

Safe

{{category}} working at Basildon Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Basildon Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3nz