Torrington Park Group Practice

16 Torrington Park, North Finchley, London, England, N12 9SS 1 2 3 4 5 87 reviews

19th August 2022

Unusually, I had to contact the surgery three times this week. I had difficulty arranging an econsult initially as the system was closed. However, I spoke to the receptionist and on the second occasion was able to fill in an econsult. Once in the system, I can’t praise the surgery enough for getting back to me promptly and efficiently, and dealing with my issues on the same day. I know how hard you must be working to get at least some of the important issues for your patients, dealt with quickly. Thank you!

It was difficult to arrange an online consult as the system seemed closed a lot but I understand this is due to lack of appointment/ gp time available

3rd August 2022

Not much personal service any more Need better management

Took one month to get a call to tell me about test results that needed further investigation Told me by text to contact surgery to rearrange appt given to me as couldn’t make it. Held on for 20 mins to get through and then told I had to do it by econsult but that was closed! If you must do everything by text, GET YOUR TEXT MESSAGES CORRECT!! Have tried to speak to practice manager on several occasions. Impossible. Never responds to emails or phone call messages. Essentially - good doctors but too many patients and poor management

27th July 2022

I have no issues with the doctor but the administration is very poor. They missed my requests twice in a month - maternity certificate and repeated prescription. I have called up for my maternity certificate a month ago and the guy over the phone asked me to go into the practice to collect it which I did leave my workplace early to collect it. But they said it's not on their record when I arrived, they asked me to collect it the following Monday. When I went to the practice on the Tuesday, they could not find it and they looked at their system, told me that it has been posted to my address!! Then why did you ask me to come in?! Anyway I still haven't received the post until now and it is certainly a lie. Another bad experience happened a week ago, I have emailed the prescription email to order repeated prescription on Saturday (16 July). I understand that request will be dealt with on the following Monday as no one was working at weekend. Someone responded to my email to request further information which I have replied to it immediately but I had no reply or update since then. The practice kept telling patients it will take them 5 working days to process prescription order so I waited patiently til Friday and go to my pharmacist to see any luck if I can collect my prescription but pharmacist confirmed nothing is in the system. So I called up the practice and see what happened but seemed like they don't know what's going on. Using different excuses wanted to send me away - I don't have access to the system and inbox! Eventually the lady on the phone was trying to help me to process the prescription as I'm running out of them and asked me to check with the pharmacy on Monday (again). I went to my pharmacist yesterday, they said they haven't received anything from the practice, means nothing has been processed! I have called up again and it's the receptionist manager who picked up the call. Again she seemed don't know what happened, not willing to help - having same excuse: not having access to the inbox and the way she responded sound like I was lying to her that I did not send the prescription order. I have all the email records with the reply from your practice! I moved to this area for a year but the experience with GP is the worst so far. It is really disappointing as a general practice dealing with vulnerables and patients everyday with such services and attitude.

N/A

26th July 2022

My consultation with Dr Sarah showman was fantastic. She showed real concern and willingsness to help in any way possible. She made me feel heard and gave me solutions to my problems. Her manner and approach was warm and welcoming.

Na

26th July 2022

Dissatisfaction with online system, designed to avoid patients being seen and treated

Make online easier to negotiate. Give patients results of hospital tests, without the patient having to wait for and not receive them from you. Follow up promises to refer patients for treatment, rather than wait for patient to go through internet process to remind you and still not receive referral. Prescription clerk often provides insufficient medication despite being asked for the correct amount, as prescribed by the hospital. It would also be helpful to be advised as to when the pharmacy had received the request, to avoid numerous unnecessary journeys to the pharmacy.

Experience

{{category}} working at Torrington Park Group Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Torrington Park Group Practice: http://iwgc.net/ecesb