Staunton and Corse Surgery

Corse, Staunton, Gloucester, England, GL19 3RB

2nd June 2021

Apart from Dr. Kingcomb, who is excellent, I have yet to find anyone at this surgery who displays any empathy or even courtesy - let alone any concern for their patients. Seems to me that most of the staff here, especially the senior male doctor, are in the wrong jobs! Even the pharmacy can't get things right, but blame the patient for their mistakes - e.g. I ordered three repeat prescriptions on line, all at the same time, but when my husband went to collect them for me, they gave him only one of the three. Collection involves a 14 mile round trip, which I am unable to do as I am recovering form major surgery. As he had been given a packet containing four packs of the same medication, my husband did not realise that the other two items were missing and when I called the pharmacy to enquire bout this, I was told that I must have ordered the items on different days and so my husband should have realised, and highlighted the fact that they would be in separate bags! My husband did the journey again and took with him a print out of the on line order, proving that all three items were ordered together - but he was told that in future HE should state how many items were ordered.

Pharmacy should check that they are handing over the complete order for a particular patient. Doctors should show some duty of care and should be pro-active in checking on patients who have had major surgery and who have serious medical conditions (e.g. advanced CKD) which require regular monitoring (i.e. blood tests) There is NO pro active care whatsoever and, based on my experience, even if a patient seeks support and assistance, with the exception of Dr. Kingcomb, the response is likely to be so callous that it is entirely detrimental to the patient's well being.

27th January 2021

So helpful when I needed the services of the Doctor. Everything was addressed in a proper manner and my issue was quickly diagnosed, medication sorted and a consultant referral organised. Brilliant service.

Coffee and cakes in the waiting room

27th January 2021

It’s hit and miss which doctor you get to see. Some are fantastic (the lady doctors), some not quite as good but ok. The reason for the low score is the reception staff. I don’t know how a couple of them can still be in employment except as a prison warden at a Stalag somewhere. I don’t care who you think you are, if you are in a customer facing role you should as a minimum, have manners and a welcoming approach. S&C get your act together and retrain or sack the practice manager and those particularly acerbic individuals and you will be much better rated.

Give reception staff training in customer service and basic human decency.

Experience

{{category}} working at Staunton and Corse Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Staunton and Corse Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb9wq