Enfield Island Surgery

Island Centre Way, Enfield, England, EN3 6GS 1 2 3 4 5 13 reviews

5th June 2019

The surgery is descending into farce. Recently, I put in my repeat prescription request. Four days later, it's not ready. Receptionist 1 says I have to ring the doctor on Monday - she can't sort it out of course - and that anyway, my prescription is being discontinued (a completely random untruth). So I go back to the surgery on Monday, and Receptionist 2 says that she is aware of my prescription request but that I can't collect it as it was only made one working day ago. Patiently, I told Receptionist 2 that my request was made five working days ago: she sighed, asked me to wait a minute, came back with my prescription, and then whined to me 'why didn't the receptionist sort this out on Friday?' A time-consuming charade, You couldn't make it up. On the broader subject of appointments, it is no longer possible to make one. You have to go in at 08:00 or hope to get through by ringing, and then wait for a call back from a Doctor that you may or may not be able to take, and that is typically 5+ hours later. What sort of patient service is this?

28th January 2019

The surgery does not offer routine appointments for long term conditions. The only way to get an appointment is ring up in the morning at 8 and then the GP would ring you back the same day at some point and give you an appointment or telephone advice which does work well for acute problems but not for chronic conditions where I know I need to be seen again in 2 weeks time. The 2 regular GPs for the practice are very good, very hardworking and caring. However often we have to see the locum GP- Dr Dario- who I have to say is completely not interested, does not listen and just wants you out of her room.

31st December 2018

My only gripe about this surgery is the fact that booking appointments is a mammoth task! It almost nearly impossible to be on top of your health with an appointment system like this; it needs an overhaul. Apart from that, whenever I have gotten an appointment, the doctors has been extremely thorough and very helpful. I find Dr Orumen goes the extra mile to ensure the well being of all patients she treats. She’s phoned after hours to ensure that I receive my test results and pick up my prescription. My health has suffered because of the appointments system though. I don’t have the will to sit on the phone trying to book an appointment. I work. I don’t work in London and I cannot afford to take a day off work just for an appointment so my health suffers.

19th February 2018

It is a mission to book an appointment especially if you are working, not everyone can afford to take a whole day off work just to book an appointment, The receptionists are never helpful, always moody and blunt face to face and over the phone. It's not always a joy to visit the doctors so the receptionists could put in more effort and try being more nice and helpful when dealing with queries. Very long waiting times as there is only 1 doctor available for the whole day most of the time which Is ridiculous. The doctors are very trusting and caring but the system is awful and the receptionists are never helpful. This place is a joke. I have been with this practice for 16 years and it is such a shame to see it going downhill.

11th July 2017

I've been coming to this surgery for almost 4 years now since I moved to the area. Waiting time is a little long but which surgery doesn't have long waiting times!? For the care and attention given I'm more than happy to wait I feel that the doctors here genuinely care about my wellbeing and it's not just a job for them. I plan to live in the area for a long time purely because of the care I receive here as a mental health sufferer. They really do put their patients first.

{{category}} working at Enfield Island Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Enfield Island Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecgjk