Omeprazole

Omeprazole is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems (such as acid reflux, ulcers). It works by decreasing the amount of acid your stomach makes. It relieves symptoms such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent cough. This medication helps heal acid damage to the stomach and esophagus, helps prevent ulcers, and may help prevent cancer of the esophagus. Omeprazole belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).

N/A

21st February 2017

I take this drug for my reflux acid, and find it helps particularly well when I have spicy foods, eg. curry, chilli etc. No side effects at all.

21st February 2017

Found to keep my Acid reflux under control for the full day.

16th February 2017

I have use omeprazole for a number of years. I was prescribed this medication for severe heartburn. I am delighted to say I have very rarely suffered from heartburn since. I have never had any side effects from this drug.

14th February 2017

I had to learn the best time of day to take this medicine to enable me to eat and drink properly with no adverse effects. I generally take this not long after I get up in the morning as I'm more likely not to forget to take it (if I do forget I end up with a nasty day full of sickness and chronic heartburn which nothing else gets rid of) So I put them near the kettle at night knowing thats the first thing I go for on waking up!!!

This medicine is found in: