Omeprazole

Omeprazole is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems (such as acid reflux, ulcers). It works by decreasing the amount of acid your stomach makes. It relieves symptoms such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent cough. This medication helps heal acid damage to the stomach and esophagus, helps prevent ulcers, and may help prevent cancer of the esophagus. Omeprazole belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).

16th August 2017

Served its purpose well due to a discomfort in the stomach and took pain away. Stayed on it for a month or two and whilst I had my surgery. Afterwards though I came off it due to my being on B12 injections as read leaflet that it could affect the B12. I was also no longer on any strong medication.

15th August 2017

I was put on omezaprole and left on it for three years it out a proper review, I read on line that long term it affected you bone structure density in some way and asked to be swopped. I'm now on rabaprazole but I'm going to ask for regular reviews thistime

15th August 2017

I Can not do with out them been on these a number of years. If I miss a day or more I do suffer. They do help me.

9th August 2017

Since prescribed Nexium for hiatus hernia l've had no side effects. I had previously tried other brands but found the bulking agent added to the esomeprazole released too quickly which did not control my acid reflux.

8th August 2017

Very good helps me considerably

This medicine is found in: