Omeprazole

Omeprazole is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems (such as acid reflux, ulcers). It works by decreasing the amount of acid your stomach makes. It relieves symptoms such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent cough. This medication helps heal acid damage to the stomach and esophagus, helps prevent ulcers, and may help prevent cancer of the esophagus. Omeprazole belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).

16th February 2018

Worked quite well although I think it occasionally gave me tummy upset

15th February 2018

I have no side effects but some days they make no difference.

14th February 2018

I have been told to 'Do not miss these tablets'. Why? I was never told from the hospital. My doctor retired a while ago so now I am without a doctor. Who is there to get help from?

14th February 2018

I suffered greatly from REFLUX and was prescribed 20mg of OMEPRAZOLE. Since then there has been no repeat of the problem. My Practice sent me for an Endoscopy which was all clear.

1st February 2018

I was prescribed this by a GP for acid reflux, which I experience nearly everyday! I don't take it everyday, just when the symptoms start to appear - I really don't know if it works as it is not instant...hours after taking Omeprazole I will still be suffering from painful acid reflux. Perhaps the next day, the symptoms have gone, and I can't tell if it has just went away on its own or it was the medication that helped - who knows! I was told that you must take it every day to see a benefit, so I might try that.

This medicine is found in: