Add your review of Dr Wayne Kampers

Share your experience to help others. Leave a review today.

Psychiatry

How old are you?

Do you have any of the following long-standing conditions?

or

Dr Wayne Kampers

61 reviews

As the Medical Director of a busy GP practice in Canada, I was often frustrated by the limitations of addressing mental health issues in 10-minute consultations. I wanted more time to listen to my patients, hear their stories, ask questions, and understand the context in which their symptoms arose, before diagnosis and treatment. And thus began my journey to the UK, and into psychiatry; one which, years later, took another turn. A life changing experience shifted my traditional approach to psychiatry, to an integrative one that focuses on mind-body optimisation. An agonising back condition ground my life to a halt. By adopting a holistic approach to treatment, I avoided the unnecessary, risky back surgery, recommended by top specialists, and went from a place of incapacitating pain, to being medication and pain free, and resuming a normal, active life. I've since helped many patients by integrating traditional medical and psychiatric diagnostic techniques with complementary therapies, nutrition and lifestyle changes. From patients with PTSD, depression, or schizophrenia, to those battling addiction or suffering early onset dementia, their road to recovery, or quality of life, has been enhanced by this approach. Whilst medication may play a vital role, I often prescribe it as part of a holistic treatment plan.

Specialties