Dr Vijay Jayagopal

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Endocrinology

5th December 2016
Written by a patient at York Hospital

Very knowledgeable and takes time to help you understand. Really looks at your individual health needs holistically.

4th October 2016
Written by a patient at York Hospital

Dr Vijay Jayagopal is my regular Diabetes doctor - I am type 1 diabetic. He has always listened to me, offered advice and suggestions and been genuinely interested in my care. I recently had non diabetic problems and was an inpatient at York hospital where Dr Vijay took care of me and I have to credit him with saving my life. The follow up appointments have worked well and I'm pleased to say are returning to more diabetes related issues. Dr Vijay was instrumental in putting me on an insulin pump which has changed my life and my diabetes control. I have lost weight, my HBA1C is so much better and I am healthier in myself. None of this would have been possible without his input. I would definitely recommend him.

4th May 2015
Written by a patient at York Hospital

I saw this doctor last week, he was rude from the moment we entered his office. He spoke to me like he had scraped me off the bottom of his shoe, told my carer to shut up, that he was talking! He did not check out my hair loss, nor my fluid retention. Asked no questions regarding it. Informed me I had seen a speciality that I had not, so he clearly did not read the paler work correctly! Fiddled with the computer for 5 minutes before informing me that that there was nothing wrong with me other than I am ill! I never knew that! Problem solved! Joking aside, of course I am ill! He then rudely showed us the door having not even taken the time to explain why he was doing no tests. Will be submitting a complaint to my GP & hospital.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists