Dr Saadia Muzaffar

• Psychiatry

23rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Testvale Surgery

Dr Muzaffar was my Consultant for under two years and we met for consultations on a few occasions during this time. I never felt listened to or heard or ever felt that my opinions and thoughts were at all important. Without discussion I discovered paperwork completed by her giving me a totally inappropriate diagnosis that I simply didn't have symptoms of or fit the criteria. I have worked with 3 other Consultant Psychiatrists who all agree with each other with regard to my diagnosis and do not believe she was right. It's important to discuss diagnosis with your doctor, this hadn't happened here, I'd just come across it on paperwork. There was a very authoritarian view held by this doctor which did not make me feel comfortable or able to share without being judged. I am fortunate in that I have worked well with my other Consultant Psychiatrists but I do not recommend this Psychiatrist if you want to feel heard and feel part of any discussion or care.

Nearest Psychiatrists