Dr Joseph McGilligan

24th May 2017
Written by a patient at Greystone House Surgery

I have been suffering low back pain and Sciatica and found that prior to my appointment with Dr. McGilligan felt that I was just given painkillers to treat the problem without a proper diagnosis, even though I had these symptoms for about eight weeks without any improvement. Within minutes of my appointment with Dr. McGilligan, he not only made a diagnosis but took the time to explain what was causing the symptoms (using a model of the spine) and referred me to a back clinic specialising in treating this condition. He explained that I'd probably be referred for an MRI scan and depending on the results that I might need key hole surgery to alleviate the symptoms. His diagnosis was spot on and when I went back to him for a follow up appointment after seeing the consultant neurosurgeon, he answered all my questions regarding the procedure and the recovery time needed along with providing me with supporting documents to keep my manager informed regarding my absence from work. Dr. McGilligan has a calm, reassuring manner that helps patients to trust him, he is very knowledgeable in his field and is a credit to Greystone house surgery. The NHS needs more dedicated G.P.s like him!

Written by a patient at Greystone House Surgery

Dr McGilligan saw me at exactly the appointment time for a minor skin op. This is the second time he's treated me and on both occasions he has been friendly and the treatment has been pain free. After the treatment he also took the time to examine some other moles, knowing that I have fair skin and have been exposed to a fair bit of sun Very, very good care, I'd say.

Written by a patient at Greystone House Surgery

I have had a minor operation at the surgery today, carried out by Dr McGilligan, who is excellent and very informative. The service I received was very efficient. I had only intended to have one procedurel, however after mentioning another issue, this was also treated. I have always been impressed with the care I have received at this practice. I do not have any suggestions on how the service could be improved as it is already excellent.

Written by a patient at Greystone House Surgery

Today Dr. McKilligan removed a cyst from my upper arm.I am delighted to say that I found Dr. McKilligan to be confident, reassuring and gentle, in fact a consummate professional in every way and I would not hesitate to recommend his services.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at Greystone House Surgery

Always has time to listen to you,and explains everything to you in a very friendly way.

Short link to review Dr Joseph McGilligan: http://iwgc.net/eegle