Dr Gregory Whatley

1 2 3 4 5 1 review

Written by a patient at Tameside General Hospital
5th November 2019

I was admitted to hospital with extremely serious health problems. I was examined by four doctors prior to Dr Whatley, none of the initial doctors were able to make a diagnosis because of the many varied symptoms I presented which seemed to indicate several possible problems. Dr Whatley was the only one who had the insight to realise that this was because I actually had all of the different conditions at the same time. I was dying, I was told to prepare and it would be unlikely that I would survive the night. Dr Whatley spent four months battling every condition I had, including the extra one I contracted whilst in hospital. He is a no nonsense type of doctor, he pulled no punches but he was honest and sincere, kept me informed and saved my life. For the record, I had pneumonia, pleurisy, bilateral DVT and PE, bacterial endocarditis, abscess IN my lung, rare streptococcus strain and contracted c.diff in hospital. My CRP levels were over 300, I was very very poorly. He may not have the softest bedside manner but do you want a doctor to smile and make you feel warm and fuzzy or do you want a doctor to do everything in there vast knowledge to save your life.

• Gastroenterology