Dr Catherine Bevington

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Rheumatology

20th April 2016
Written by a patient at Botesdale Health Centre

She was a lovely doctor and she listened to what I had to say and told me what I have and what to do next. She explained this to me clearly so I understand what to do.

15th March 2016
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

The support I have received from Dr Bevington (and by default the whole Rheumatology team) at the West Suffolk Hospital has been amazing. Troubled by persistent and debilitating flare-ups of R.A., my very first appointment with Dr Bevington was uplifting mentally: she left me in no doubt that I wouldn't have to put up with this pain, and that she and the team would work to get the medication right. I was so relieved just by this reassurance; I no longer felt on my own with this disease. Being given time to talk, being listened to, being a person whose issues mattered - this was hugely different from my previous experience (prior to being referred to West Suffolk). It's taken time to get the medication balanced, but emergency access to Dr Bevington and the team has been available and action has been swift to provide temporary and effective pain relief in the interim, giving me valuable clear thinking time to understand the options which have been very clearly detailed to me, so that I feel that I'm in charge of the decision-making, not being told what I have to do. Having now seemingly got the R.A. under control (as promised!), Dr Bevington is still working to try and resolve issues with joints that may or may not be rooted in R.A. This whole experience over the last 18 months has been positive and transforming, I feel supported and can't begin to express the gratitude I feel. Dr Bevington to me represents all that is best in modern NHS care.

22nd January 2016
Written by a patient at Botesdale Health Centre

Dr Bevington was a delight to talk to at the Health Centre. On the two occasions we have met she has given me what I would consider to be exemplary service. Her reassurance and advice on the treatment of my condition put to rest any concerns that I had. Although my medication is on-going, I have absolute confidence that, under her care, all will be resolved in the fullness of time. I consider myself very fortunate that she is looking after my case and would heartily recommend her to anyone who has a similar condition. I look forward to seeing her again later in the year.

Doctors working at Botesdale Health Centre