Dr Belinda Griffiths MBBS, DRCOG, DFSRH.

Dr Belinda Griffiths trained at St Mary's Hospital, London and has worked in General Practice in London then South Wales, where she was a partner, She then moved to the South East, where she worked in Pangbourne and Virginia Water. Since 2010, she has also worked at the Fleet Street Clinic, in London and currently at the Theale Medical Centre, in Reading. She is interested in women's health and runs a women's clinic in addition to her General Practice clinic. She has also worked for the Women's National Cancer Control Campaign, Tenovus, PPP and has been a Trustee of the Donnington Hospital since 2001, Medical Adviser to the Wolf Trust since 2008 and worked at the London Olympics in 2012 for NBC as part of her role at the Fleet Street Clinic.

10th July 2015
Written by a patient at Theale Medical Centre

Dr Griffiths is not my normal GP and saw me as an urgent case; I had not met her before. She apologised for running late, helped me sit down, listened carefully to the problem and did a thorough examination. She asked questions and listened carefully to the answers (something that does not always seem to happen with doctors...). Throughout she was sympathetic (I was in some pain) and looked at me while talking - she is clearly very good at handling complete strangers. I received a sensible diagnosis, a suitable prescription and advice on when to come back if necessary. She then walked me to the door and saw me out. It is one of the best consultations I have had anywhere and she was quite charming. I was very impressed and would be more than happy to have her as my own regular GP.

28th June 2015
Written by a patient at The Fleet Street Clinic

Dr Griffiths has restored my faith in primary healthcare. She listens attentively, examines appropriately and offers helpful and sensible advice. I have had no hesitation in recommending her to family members. An excellent doctor. Thank-you.

25th February 2015
Written by a patient at The Fleet Street Clinic

I have seen Dr Griffiths on a number of occasions for Well Woman checks (including today) and I cannot recommend her highly enough, she is very attentive and actually listens to any concerns you have, she also explains everything she does and why she is doing it, which is very rare from a lot of GPs. A couple of years ago I saw her and she diagnosed a fracture in my foot, when two previous doctors had said it was tendinitis. She is extremely personable and reassuring so I have nothing but good feedback for her.

14th February 2015
Written by a patient at Packers Surgery

I have known Dr Belinda for 10 years and unfortunately I cannot share positive feedback.I have always felt I am not being listened to properly and whatever question I might have was unanswered.There was an occasion when I had asked three times during one visit to be given referral for necessary hospital appointment and after third time Dr Belinda acknowledged my request.It was only after I mentioned I do not mind going private if that makes it easier and quicker as I was in pain and desperate for some help.Her constant glancing on her watch made me even more disappointed and uncomfortable with her as a doctor especially after waiting for my appointments for over one hour every time and being seen briefly, in a rush, for couple of minutes.I had no choice but to attend the appointments as there was no other woman doctor at the surgery.Overall, I am glad there is another hopefully more supportive and helpful doctor to cover for her.

17th February 2015
Response from Dr Belinda Griffiths MBBS, DRCOG, DFSRH.

I am sorry to have appeared to be unhelpful in this situation. The surgery has a first come, first served system in the morning, which means that if the morning clinic is busy or running late, as I am the only doctor working on a Thursday morning,(seeing between 18 and 30 patients) my afternoon " Well-Woman Clinic"appointments, starting after the open surgery, at 1.15 pm, will run late. I often do not have a lunch break, due to visits or minor ops after the morning surgery,which can contribute to the delay. Hopefully in the future, 2 doctors will attend the morning surgery, which will ensure more time per patient.

12th February 2015
Written by a patient at Packers Surgery

I have known Dr Griffiths for a number of years and she has been an excellent GP, helping me to control my weight problem and blood pressure in addition to steering me through the well women's clinic with personal interest and detailed recording. I always felt reassured about any questions I had which were meticulously answered. She made me comfortable in her presence, and took a genuine interest in me as a person rather than a statistic. Her up to date knowledge of current practice in the medical world by atttending conferences and courses is impressive. Unfortunately, she has moved on from Packers and I know that all her patients at Virginia Water will miss her greatly. It is a personal loss to me but I know other patients in another area will benefit from her superb qualities as a doctor.

Short link to review Dr Belinda Griffiths MBBS, DRCOG, DFSRH.: http://iwgc.net/ednzk