the-newcastle-upon-tyne-nuffield-hospital

The Newcastle upon Tyne Nuffield Hospital

Clayton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, NE2 1JP

11th September 2020

I would like to thank everyone who made my stay welcome from the reception staff to the medical professionals. I couldn't have asked for more, even taking a call from me in the early hours for advice on pain relief.

3rd May 2018

I am writing this review (long after my hip replacement in April 1995) because the present high scores do not reflect my experience: hopefully, this is because the Nuffield has improved beyond belief. On making my appointment I was quoted a price of £4.5k, but just before I was admitted I was told that the new price was over £5k. I refused to pay the extra and they complied with the original price. On entering the hospital - a few days later - the Sister met me at the door and asked me for the cheque. I never saw her again for the week I was there until I was leaving, and that was to offer me the old price for my other hip which needed replacing. As for the operation: that went perfectly well, because the surgeon was excellent. However, some of the nursing staff were hopeless. A night nurse forgot to leave me with morphine - on the second night, I believe - which was remarked on by the nurse who took over the next morning. And the Senior Nurse (before I was discharged) could not remove the I.V. cannula from my arm (causing me some pain) until a junior nurse helped her. As I left for good I told the greedy Sister what to do with her offer for the 2nd hip replacement: that was done on the NHS by the same surgeon for nothing.

12th May 2014

Nice Hospital

14th April 2014

I have had two operations at the Newcastle Nuffield, 3 1/2 years apart. The care has been consistently good with attentive staff, always willing to answer questions and aid in my recovery.

31st January 2014

17th December 2013

AlI can say is this hospital is going to take some beating. From the minute you walk through the door (even as an nhs patient) all the way through your journey you will find no better. My consultant Mr Siddique was recommended to me and Must say is world class. Paul the plaster manager technician was simply amazing. Credit where it's due my journey to date and I'm only half way through has been a wonderful experience where I have been treat with dignity and respect. As for the other staff again too many to mention but all smiling, accommodating and make me feel at ease. I do feel like I am the only patient in the hospital when I am there as this is how they make you feel, and that takes some doing.

11th April 2013

Very satisfied with my two operations at this hospital. I did feel however especially on first occasion I was discharged before I felt the anaesthetic had worn off. I was unsteady on feet.

Efficiency
Caring
Nursing staff
25th November 2011

Whilst in hospital I was treated excellent, the nurses and staff were great.

Caring
Efficiency
Nursing staff

{{category}} working at The Newcastle upon Tyne Nuffield Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Newcastle upon Tyne Nuffield Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb49w