Southlands Hospital

Upper Shoreham Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, England, BN43 6TQ

26th February 2016

I attended day surgery in February, my anxiety was put at ease at my pre assessment a week before my operating, however the day of durgery was a nightmare, my allocated nurse was most uncaring, My surgery was painful after coming out of the operating, it was obvious it was the end of day so I must get up and be mobile to go home,I was the last patient. I reguested crutches which I was informed that I would need, my nurse commented, no not needed we dont have any, so a frame was found, no use when only one leg working, a pair of crutches was found, not out at correct height, complaints from nurse that I should have had physiotherapy, despite terrible pain and their atempts to give me pain relief, I said ive used them before, I really dont know why this nurse is in this profession, no smiles, no care , no compassion shown at all, I couldn't wait to get home, if id known I would be treated in this manner,I would never have gone to this hospital as a day patient, awful experience

11th March 2016

Hi, The hospital and ward were very clean and orderly. I was taken care of by efficient staff and a great team, I have no complaints, from the day I came in for my pre op exam until the day of my last check up. The consultant who performed my surgery not only has given me a new lease of life but also on day one of meeting him, gave me the confidence to go ahead with the operation that I desperately needed. He gave me all the instructions on after are which I followed 100%. I'm extremely happy with the outcome. I would like to speak with the consistent as I have a new problem and I trust him to help me fix it.

9th March 2016

The points I raised at the pre-op assessment were not satisfactorily answered. I appreciate that the nurse was simply there to perform basic checks and complete a form and has no control over issues such as, for example, follow-up but one response was so evasive as to come over as being obstructive, especially as she made a categoric statement later in the session which partly answered my query. Another of her responses was unnecessarily sharp. I did not even feel that the points I raised were duly noted. The letter said I could 'discuss any concerns'. Having had to deal previously with failures of communication over my follow-up care over the course of a long recovery, more reassuring answers could have been given over what normally happens in case like mine or that my point was at least duly noted even if the nurse herself could not resolve the matter. There was an impatience/frustration/unhelpfulness that came over, whether due to dissatisfaction with the job or just a bad day I cannot say.

1st October 2015

Brilliant care, well organised, super friendly team, from reception to anaesthesist and personal day nurse Jackie. Pre-op assessment was also straightforward and easy. Only recommendation: free the cheese treats and crackers from their cellophane wrappers for patients still on needle and drip ;-)

23rd July 2015

I have to say what a good experience I had at Southlands in the Day Surgery unit. One to one nursing attention, attention to detail absolutely first class. I could not fault anything. I had an inguinal hernia op and am recovering well. Thank you to all the staff, Angie, Amanda and all. Roger Bawcutt You may quote me.