Southlands Hospital

Upper Shoreham Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, England, BN43 6TQ

13th April 2019

I cannot comment on the NHS facilities at the hospital but the private wing was excellent. This ranked as one of the very best. The staff had time to discuss and I felt very safe.

22nd March 2019

I recently had a bunion operation and this was carried out at the Day Surgery Unit at Southlands Hospital, Shoreham by Sea. There were a number of us having a chat and comparing scars, illnesses etc (as you do!) whilst waiting for the Unit to open at 07:30 and this helped alleviate any nerves. We were all ushered in promptly at 07:30 and directed to our individual cubicles. All the nursing staff were really friendly and I was kept informed regarding when to get changed and what time I was due to go to Theatre. A visit from the anaesthetist was followed by one from the Consultant and then off I went. At all times I felt confident in the abilities of everyone I met. I have a great deal of admiration for anyone in the medical profession - they do a brilliant job under sometimes difficult circumstances. Well done, keep up the good work!

22nd December 2018

Hospital operations can be daunting, I wasn't to sure what to expect never had operation before and having visited Southland's few years ago as a visitor I had my doubts. However as soon as I arrived they disappeared , the building the staff the doctors and the surgeons were amazing. A truly wonderful experience surrounded by an amazing bunch of NHS dedicated staff.. IN THE WORDS OF TINA TURNER SIMPLY THE BEST!. Well done and thank you.

26th February 2016

I attended day surgery in February, my anxiety was put at ease at my pre assessment a week before my operating, however the day of durgery was a nightmare, my allocated nurse was most uncaring, My surgery was painful after coming out of the operating, it was obvious it was the end of day so I must get up and be mobile to go home,I was the last patient. I reguested crutches which I was informed that I would need, my nurse commented, no not needed we dont have any, so a frame was found, no use when only one leg working, a pair of crutches was found, not out at correct height, complaints from nurse that I should have had physiotherapy, despite terrible pain and their atempts to give me pain relief, I said ive used them before, I really dont know why this nurse is in this profession, no smiles, no care , no compassion shown at all, I couldn't wait to get home, if id known I would be treated in this manner,I would never have gone to this hospital as a day patient, awful experience

11th March 2016

Hi, The hospital and ward were very clean and orderly. I was taken care of by efficient staff and a great team, I have no complaints, from the day I came in for my pre op exam until the day of my last check up. The consultant who performed my surgery not only has given me a new lease of life but also on day one of meeting him, gave me the confidence to go ahead with the operation that I desperately needed. He gave me all the instructions on after are which I followed 100%. I'm extremely happy with the outcome. I would like to speak with the consistent as I have a new problem and I trust him to help me fix it.

{{category}} working at Southlands Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Southlands Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4x3