Royal Derby Hospital

Derby
England
DE22 3NE

30th July 2013

my farther was re admitted to the mau ward then was negeleted. i dont blame my farthers outcome on the ward, after all he was very ill. but when the nursing staff were told on a daily bases by my sister who was sitting with at every posible moment he was increasing confused and i witnessed that he was eating invisable food and talking to invisable people and the nursing sister told me he is ok. i have grave conserns i had to refer this to the PALS service and also demanded finally got to speak to a junior doc to express my concerns. my fathers case was complex i understand that but he was negeceted and had the staff be more vigalant. he may have spent more time at home than in hospital. I HAVE NO CONVIDENCE IN THE RUN DOWN HOSPITAL. i am a staff nurse and if i had treated my patients this way i would have been sacked and struck off.

30th July 2013

Having watched my wife be cared for on the Labour Ward and High Dependency Unit and my son cared for by the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, I can find absolutely no fault in the service provided at this hospital. Every member of staff including doctors, nurses, midwives and cleaners has been friendly, helpful and willing to go above the call of duty to make our stay a pleasant experience. I would like to convey my gratitude to all at the Royal Derby Hospital for their hard work and help at a difficult time for my family.

A Modern well equipped and staffed Hospital

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

4th May 2013

Well organised hospital layout- relatively easy to find your way around. Plenty of parking available and weekly ticket available at a discounted cost. Staff in Day Surgery were excellent and very obliging- helping me to the car when I went home. Sometimes it is difficult to get attention to gain access to individual wards at visiting if doors are shut but this does show security is good.

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

29th April 2013

I've spent months and months in this hospital and find it excellent. The A&E is amazing with a pitstop area so if you need pain relief etc its given soo quickly so your never hanging around in pain. All the staff are amazing, incredibly competent clinical staff and the non clinical staff are so caring and accomedating. The cleaners will always chat to you and learn your name and the catering staff make the perfect hot chocolate. This is the 5th hospital I've been treated at for my condition and the first one i've truely felt respected and understood. If you need scans or bloods they are done so quickly. A* Hospital with a real homely feel.