Royal Derby Hospital

England
DE22 3NE

Latest Reviews

22nd September 2016

This was my first hospital experience and I was scared. But everyone -absolutely everyone- I came across in my 6 months of appointments and operations, was the most professional, caring, dedicated, kind and human staff I could ever wish for. This goes all the way from the top consultant to the nurses, to the cleaners and the tea ladies. Amazing, truly caring professionals. I felt perfectly looked after and cared for at every step of my journey. The facilities, equipment and location were all welcoming and more than just appropriate. Now I am healed but I don't really mind if I ever get ill again as their genuine care and professional attention has made such a difference to my life. Thank you to all the staff.

23rd October 2015

From the moment I arrived at A&E, to the moment I was discharged, the care I received at Royal Derby Hospital was exceptional.

16th September 2015

I was informed by Dr Ahmed of my options and told they would be discussed with me when I went to get my moulds done, but unfortunately I was told and not asked what I wanted after waiting 45 minutes as I had been forgotten

30th July 2013

my farther was re admitted to the mau ward then was negeleted. i dont blame my farthers outcome on the ward, after all he was very ill. but when the nursing staff were told on a daily bases by my sister who was sitting with at every posible moment he was increasing confused and i witnessed that he was eating invisable food and talking to invisable people and the nursing sister told me he is ok. i have grave conserns i had to refer this to the PALS service and also demanded finally got to speak to a junior doc to express my concerns. my fathers case was complex i understand that but he was negeceted and had the staff be more vigalant. he may have spent more time at home than in hospital. I HAVE NO CONVIDENCE IN THE RUN DOWN HOSPITAL. i am a staff nurse and if i had treated my patients this way i would have been sacked and struck off.

30th July 2013

Having watched my wife be cared for on the Labour Ward and High Dependency Unit and my son cared for by the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, I can find absolutely no fault in the service provided at this hospital. Every member of staff including doctors, nurses, midwives and cleaners has been friendly, helpful and willing to go above the call of duty to make our stay a pleasant experience. I would like to convey my gratitude to all at the Royal Derby Hospital for their hard work and help at a difficult time for my family.