Bristol Royal Hospital for Children

Paul O'Gorman Building, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol, England, BS2 8BJ

7th April 2015

I stayed in a neurology ward here for two weeks while my son received treatment. Staff incredibly considerate, caring and friendly. Whole set up is very child orientated and made my son's stay as pleasant for him as possible. There is a parent bed beside every child's bed so that made it easy for me to accompany my child. All staff also very professional and expert when it came to all procedures and administration of medication. Use of Nurse Practitioners on ward provides useful continuity if there are questions or concerns during parts of the day when Doctors are not on ward because they are carrying out procedures etc. We subsequently transferred to another hospital which highlighted to me how well staffed and organised Bristol Children's Hospital is.

13th November 2013

The service we received was very good and they looked after my daughter very well especailly Ii ICU, the staff were amazing and the support and care was outstanding. When my daughter was moved onto the ward the care was not always consitent and the lack of staff was very obvious particularly over the weekends, my daughter got very sick over the weekend period and it was very hard to find any nures, if i hadn't had been able to stay with her 24/7 then I would have been very concerned about the level of care and attention she would have received due to lack of staff.

Short link to review Bristol Royal Hospital for Children: http://iwgc.net/eb3sr