Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

Alexandra Road, Epsom, Surrey, England, KT17 4BL Also known as: ICP 1 2 3 4 5 158 reviews

21st March 2019

Each Doctor I have seen has been excellent. Trying to get an appointment is very difficult. It is virtually impossible to get through on the telephone. I registered with Patient Access to be able to make an online appointment & after several calls, visits, re-registering & emails I was eventually given access only to find that there are almost no slots available & the soonest is 2 weeks away! The only way to get an appointment seems to be to go into the surgery to ask for one. There is a ridiculous system of queuing with a ticket (like the meat counter at the supermarket) to then ask for an appointment later that day. It is a stupid waste of time that could be got around if they simply answered the phone or employed enough staff to do so. For anyone who works or especially is self employed I would recommend not getting ill

19th March 2019

worst receptionists ever, no one answers the phone and receptionists are all outright rude and give the wrong informational all the time leaving you out of care useless they are. doctors are generally rather nice however and the physio department is amazing just need to sort the reception out.

13th March 2019

I just wanted to share one of my EXCELLENT EXPERIENCES......... I visited the surgery with concerns over my hiatus hernia which was diagnosed rather swiftly the previous year via the surgery.. I asked to be referred again as all was not well which the Dr duly did. I always knew that our surgery was super efficient in referrals etc to the designated consultants, but i was absolutely amazed i received an appointment to have a Gastroscopy at the day clinic at Coham for the following week!. Not believing my luck i phoned to confirm my appoint and cheekily asked if i could have the procedure done at the day surgery in Epsom, next to the surgery as it was nearer. They were obliging and changed my appointment to Epsom for the week after the original date so i was seen within 2 weeks. Now if that is not first class service second to none i dont know what it! BETTER THAN GOING PRIVATE :-) Im often amazed how people slate the receptionists at the front desk from the reviews i have just read prior to writing mine... Ive never ever in my 24 years of being a patient at this surgery ever experienced or witnessed any of the horrid things people say... Thank you everyone at OLD COTTAGE HOSPITAL, Epsom :-)

11th March 2019

Can never get an appt by telephone yet when I walk to the surgery there are appts available. Receptionists not helpful. Dreadful surgery I will be moving surgeries asap. Enough is enough.

Rating not given.
7th March 2019

This is an awful surgery!! It is mainly the reception staff who are so reactive, rude and angry. They seems to think it’s perfectly acceptable to of rude to you and when you pull them up on it they become indignant and inappropriately out raged. Their behaviour is absolutely dreadful!! Also Dr Patel, extremely reactive and rude. I’m so happy I’ve found another surgery whereby the reception staff are well manored people. My advise...don’t register!!

{{category}} working at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Old Cottage Hospital Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecakb