Anastrozole (Arimidex)

Anastrozole lowers oestrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which may slow the growth of certain types of breast tumours that need oestrogen to grow in the body. Anastrozole is used to treat breast cancer in postmenopausal women. It is often given to women whose cancer has progressed even after taking tamoxifen (Nolvadex, Soltamox).

Also known as: Arimidex

Read more about this medicine on the Cancer Research UK website. This information is independent and a source of trusted content for patients.

3rd June 2019

Already having arthritis, already being seriously depressed and anxious, having nobody to help me at home to be even more crippled by arthritis a complete impossibility,

3rd April 2018

N/A

17th January 2018

In Dec.2006, when I was 72yrs old, my oncologist told me that I could expect to live no longer than my 80th birthday. I'd had breast cancer & felt satisfied with his prognosis at the time. Now , after taking Arimidex for 10 years, I will be 84 yrs old in 2 months time. I'm quite happy to have taken Arimidex even though it took me about 12 months to settle down with it.

Ease of use

24th January 2015

was given arimidex for breast cancer 7 years ago and I took the drug for 5 years