Adalimumab

Adalimumab reduces the effects of a substance in the body that can cause inflammation. Adalimumab is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, plaque psoriasis, and a chronic skin condition called hidradenitis suppurativa. It is also used to treat Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, after other drugs have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.

Effectiveness

Side effects

Understanding

6th December 2018

This truly is the future for medication for Crohn’s disease. After 35 years of experiencing the effects of Crohns: Surgery Steroids Stricture Abscess Extreme pain Tiredness Bloating I have been very fortunate to receive a life changing treatment in Humira. Abvie Care have provided excellent care, a dedicated nurse, who organises appointments and comes to the patient to do blood tests as well as assess the effectiveness of the treatment and communicates to my IBD nurse on my behalf. I feel secure that my health is being professionally managed and I hope that my life will be able to be fulfilled with the access to this treatment on which I and other sufferers rely on.

This medicine is found in: