Miss Uma Bathula

Start date at the Trust: 01.10.2009. I qualified from one of the premier medical institutes of India, JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research) Pondicherry, South India. I completed my early years of training initially in India then in West midlands. I then trained as a Colposcopist along with Outpatient Hysteroscopy in the West midlands deanery. I subsequently had extensive training in the management of High risk pregnancies in the Wessex deanery. I obtained training in Urogynaecology under the guidance of Mr Constantine at the Good Hope Hospital. During my training, I developed a particular interest in outpatient procedures combined with my Ultrasound scan training has made a major impact in dealing with fast track referrals efficiently. I have a special interest in Medical education as I believe proper training and education today will produce quality doctors for tomorrow. Hence I have taken up the job as RCOG College Tutor recently. I am keen to pursue an active role in providing outpatient services in the coming years as I settle into my post here along with smooth running of patient led Obstetric services where expectant mothers are offered genuine choices in the management of their pregnancy. I provide all these services at Stafford, Cannock & Rowley Hall Hospitals.

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

18th October 2017
Written by a patient at Rowley Hospital

I have been under Miss Bathula and recently had a full hysterectomy in August 2017, performed by Miss Bathula, she was very informative, open to questions, she was contactable if I had an further questions before my operation. Miss Bathula has excellent bedside manners,her patient care level is obviously very important to her and this clearly showed.Thank you Miss Bathula , I wanted great care and you delivered it.. Paula Lees...

6th April 2017
Written by a patient at County Hospital

I sought Dr Bathulas expertise with regard to wanting to check that my fertility was ok following an infection I had in my adbomen leading my appendix to rupture. Following this I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I wanted to see if I could have some checks undertaken given my age (34) and that I had no children I was concerned to see if I was still fertile. I also had severe deabilitating pre-menstrual headaches. Dr Bathula assessed my case and her response was there was nothing she could do. No checks or tests or anything to help my case. I had approched her on a private basis but I felt her response to be extremely unhelpful & left me in tears.

6th April 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Clinic Day Hospital

I sought Dr Bathulas expertise with regard to wanting to check that my fertility was ok following an infection I had in my adbomen leading my appendix to rupture. Following this I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I wanted to see if I could have some checks undertaken given my age (34) and that I had no children I was concerned to see if I was still fertile. I also had severe deabilitating pre-menstrual headaches. Dr Bathula assessed my case and her response was there was nothing she could do. No checks or tests or anything to help my case. I had approched her on a private basis but I felt her inadequate very unhelpful response left me rather upset and at a loss as to what treament options I could consider. I expected better from a private doctor. Overall I would say my time was wasted and I was very dishearted as a person. I do not know if I can have children and nhs hav not helped me to check my fertility. They have simply ran tests to determine if I have further growths which I dont. Of course I want to know if I can still have children but they were unhelpful hence why I sought the expertise of Dr Bathaula. I have not had a good experience and cannot recommend this physician.

2nd February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Stoke University Hospital

First contact with Dr. Bathula and she was so professional, gave me listening ears and was courteous throughout my clinic session with her. She allayed my anxieties and was took her time with me. Couldn't recommend a better obstetrician. Lovely lady

23rd January 2017
Written by a patient at Apsley Surgery

I was diagnosed with Endometrial cells on my cervix which a scan revealed was caused by an oversized fibroid (13cm)...i was lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Bathula for my care. A nicer Consultant you will never meet. Iam an extremely nervous patient but the moment i was introduced to Dr. Bathula, i was relaxed. She explained in detail that an hysterectomy would be a successful way to solve the problems i was experiencing. I was adamant that i did not want surgery. She was very understanding and offered me the opportunity to try a new treatment to help shrink my over-sized fibroid..i was more than happy to try Uliprastal Acetate 5mg for a 3 month period. I'm happy to report that my fibroid is now 5cm. I recommend these tablets to anyone who does not want the trauma of an operation. To conclude, Dr. Bathula is most professional, caring and very understanding.

Short link to review Miss Uma Bathula: http://iwgc.net/ecjfs