Dr Wasima Mandal

9th September 2016
Written by a patient at Lockstown Practice

Always made time for me, listened to my anxieties, rationalised some of my thoughts and made appropriate referrals to other services that could support me. At one point I was making appointments weekly and could have been viewed as a nuisance; however Doctor Wasima was always kind, empathetic and reassuring.

10th May 2016
Written by a carer at Fisher Street Surgery

My Niece visited the Doctor this afternoon, it took me ages to get her to agree to visit as she has no faith in them. But her anxiety is bad and her A-levels are approaching. The Doctor initially was pleasant, but got irritated by my Niece not speaking much, which is part of her condition. She wasn't listening properly to what we said, told us we needed to make a longer app if we had more than one medical issue to discuss, even though the previous two patients hadn't turned up and there was no one after us! I responded that it wasn't my surgery, so had no knowledge of this & that it's hard to get 1 app let alone 2 or 3 together! My main complaint however is she felt my Nieces throat, then washed her hands and completely dismissed us. She had her back to us, and we stood there awkwardly, then I asked about the prescription, which she'd written out. She turned a d said it's there on the desk, which it was, under her pen, so obviously we wouldn't take it without been offered. She handed it to my Niece then turned her back again! We left, and I have to say i was fuming! How unprofessional, how rude and disrespectful. how arrogant. No wonder my Niece hates going to see a doctor. She was very stressed on leaving the surgery. Though I have to say the Receptionist was absolutely lovely. Please can this Doctor be spoken to about her attitude.

3rd September 2015
Written by a carer at Lockstown Practice

What a lovely doctor, great with my kids.

Doctors working at Lockstown Practice