Dr Tom Higgs

28th January 2015
Written by a patient at Aspatria Medical Group

Dr Higgs always provides very conscientious advice and is pro-active in referring when necessary. Dr Higgs has a pleasant manner, is easy to talk to and is very skilled in diagnosis and prescription. Appointments sometimes appear too short, but one can book a double if necessary. At Aspatria medical group he is my doctor of choice and will remain so.

1st December 2014
Written by a patient at Aspatria Medical Group

I suffered for at least 7 years at my previous doctors with lots of symptoms that were never diagnosed properly. I think they must have thought I was an hypochondriac. On my first visit to Dr Higgs, he listened to what I had put up with previously and made an appointment with a Neurologist to check for myasthenia Gravis, who confirmed this. A scan of my Thymus gland was arranged, which confirmed the diagnosis. I was put on tablets for straight away and almost instantly my life changed, with several of my symptoms being cured or vastly reduced. I cannot thank Dr Higgs enough for changing my life, especially as the Thymus gland was found to be enlarged and was removed very quickly at Newcastle hospital. I am still recovering from the operation and all the staff at the surgery are superb and fully understanding of my condition. I rate this surgery the highest possible for all the help I have received.