Dr Peter Strigner

30th June 2017
Written by a patient at Biggar Health Centre

My consultations with Dr Strigner started well as he seemed keen to assess my long-term physical issues in greater depth than doctors I had spoken to on the NHS had done. He started by considering the influence of environmental factors from when I was young, however it soon became clear that he was so convinced of the accuracy of his speculation that he closed off all other avenues and didn't continue to probe deep enough and gather enough background information from this first consultation. He did, however, help me carry out a number of tests, so our feeling after this initial consultation was on the whole fairly positive. The second consultation was much worse as the test results did not back up his initial speculation and he seemed dismissive of all my points, queries and concerns, though perhaps we were just unlucky enough to have this consultation on an off day for him. He basically pushed a very generic healthy diet spiel (which I'm already well-versed in), as well as an insistence that taking a good multivitamins and the right minerals is all I would need, even if it did take a long time. I have no problem with (or, rather, I am willing to accept) the fact that healing takes time, but he did not seem to take seriously my difficulties with certain foods, minerals and vitamins that suggests to me a deeper problem. He was generous with his assessment of time taken per consultation (although the initial rates are obviously extortionate for people of working class income anyway), but he spent about 25 minutes going over the forms and tests I had sent him prior to consultation, in many cases appearing as if he'd never seen them before. Overall, I feel that Dr Strigner's experience and understanding of certain aspects of ecological medicine is counter-balanced by his lack of organisation, reluctance to listen and preference for following his own line of investigation.

Short link to review Dr Peter Strigner: http://iwgc.net/el22