Dr Joo Teoh

13th September 2017
Written by a member of staff at The Consulting Rooms

Dear patient (dated 1st December 2015), Thank you for your post in this UK website. I appreciate your review. I am not sure this post is related to my care, there are several Dr Joo Teohs worldwide; I am currently not practising in the UK. However a few of my lovely patients have kindly mentioned to me that each time my name is being typed in the Net, this review is being shown. I thought I should take this opportunity to describe the process of how I care for my patients. May I also explain that I give great attention to detail when treating each of my patients please? Before any appointment for consultation or procedure, I always review the case to ensure I have captured all the stories, letters and results for my patient. In some occasions when the reports from external services are not available to me yet, I will ring the centres to ask them to fax the results immediately. During the appointment, I ensure I have adequate time to explain the findings, and I make an effort to ensure my patient understands the results and how we can solve the problem. After every appointment, I also spend time to double-check the case to ensure I have given the best advice to him/her. At times when the results are not ready during our appointments, I will have a reminder in my diary to check them over the following few weeks. When the results become available, I ensure they are relayed to my patients without any extra charges. For some of my patients we have unexpected test results, in these cases I may have to request for further investigations; due to the complexity of the cases it is best for my patients to return to discuss, therefore further appointments may be necessary. I truly believe in providing an individualised and high quality treatment and service; I also ensure my patients are not being subjected to paying unnecessary charges. I believe a good doctor should listen to his/her patients, and give them the choice of treatments. I care deeply for my patients; I always look for the best treatment for them. I wish you all the best for your future. Kind regards, Dr Joo Teoh Perth Specialist in Fertility, Obstetrics & Gynaecology p.s. I had to post the reply as a new review, as this webpage could not link me to the post for replying. Please ignore the star rating that I had to insert; the webpage did not allow me to proceed without inserting the star ratings.

1st December 2015

Hope that my experience was one-off case. This doctor does not remember or keep records, of what was discussed during prior consultations, that lead to extra fees and waste of my time. During this extra visit he continues to discuss what we have already discussed before. I understand, that there could be situations when doctor would insist on some treatments, because he definitely knows more, but i am talking purely about choice of the patient, whether to proceed with one or other treatment. So, definitely, i am changing the doctor, this is becoming just ridiculous.

Short link to review Dr Joo Teoh: http://iwgc.net/eeesq