Dr Anupama Devanga

• Psychiatry

Latest Reviews

2nd September 2014
Written by a carer at Birmingham Children's Hospital

My ex wife who suffers from an ongoing personality disorder got my son diagnosed with autism. I was only involved half way through the process after a person at the GP surgery mentioned a letter relating to CAMHS. The school had seen no problems and the headteacher has said "Our experience of (My son) is the same as the fathers". Dr Devanga did the ADOS and took into account notes the mother had made which were disparaging towards my son. When the diagnosis was produced it stated that my son had language problems and found it difficult to understand instructions. I produced his school report and it quite clearly shows he is in the top 3 if not the best in the class at following instructions and has advanced skills in English. I asked Devanga to explain this paradox to me over a year ago and still I have had no reply that addresses this issue. CAMHS have now admitted I was not involved at the initial stage and not all the info about my son was considered. I reassessment is pending. I cannot find Devanga. I find this lack of ability to explain one's own report quite disturbing.

Nearest Psychiatrists