Exeter Mobility Centre

Lister Close, Wonford Road, Exeter, Devon, EX5 4QX

Equipment
12th January 2016

A very good service. My only issue is that they originally sent the appointment letter to my old address even though my GP wrote to them with the correct address (where I'd been living for over a year), so I missed the appointment as I never got the letter and they sent her a letter saying I'd failed to attend; she had to write back to them informing them they had sent it to the wrong address. When they sent me a new appointment (to the correct address) it was very soon after my GP had contacted them. They have been very efficient (apart from the address thing!) and looked after me very well. They wouldn't fully fund me due to criteria from a higher authority but they funded me more than I'd expected. A good service. The time for the wheelchair to arrive took a bit of time because I had to have the chair custom-made due to very long legs that don't fit in a standard frame!

Equipment
25th March 2015

I feel that Exeter mobility centre took into account most of my lifestyle aspects and the powered wheelchair they have provided is very good. However, from application it was too long until I received the wheelchair. My life was put on hold for just over a year as one had no independence whatsoever. They should have prioritized, and the system should be more efficient. I did feel as though I was involved in decisions about my wheelchair, but it would have been better if the centre had communicated with me more. In the end though, I have got my wheelchair, and it is suitable.