Bristol Wheelchair Service and Special Seating Service

Frenchay Hospital, Frenchay Park Road, Frenchay, Bristol, BS16 1LE

Equipment
2nd December 2014

People are lovely but the efficiency of the system is terrible. Will be 18 months from the original assessment to our delivery date in a few weeks time. When a child has hit the growth spurt that comes with puberty that's a ridiculous length of time to be forced in to a chair that is physically too small. You would not expect a child to continue wearing shoes that have been out grown for two years.

Equipment
9th October 2014

Wheelchair services at Frenchay have some great staff, but the limitations always seem to be with the actual wheelchair providers. It takes ages to get an appointment and then if something is wrong with the chair it takes an unreasonable length of time for the provider to put it right. Close to 18 months from the time I first contacted wheelchair services I am still in the old chair I had and my new chair just sits taking up space in a corner of the sitting room. Why? Because it doesn't fully suit my needs. I can't take it to work as I can't fit it in the car, I can't use it for leisure because it tips me out of the front when I lean forward and it does the same when I try to pick up my one-year old. Still waiting for a new appointment...