Dr Justin Roe

Speech Therapist

Dr Justin Roe is a consultant-level Speech and Language Therapist specialising in swallowing difficulties resulting from benign and malignant head and neck disease. At Charing Cross/ Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, he is the Clinical Lead for the Airway/ Ear, Nose and Throat service. He is also the Joint Head of Speech and Language Therapy at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and specialises in swallowing and communication problems arising from head and neck cancer and its treatment.

8th February 2018

16th January 2018
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I would like to commend Dr Justin Roe on the outstanding work he did for me as my Speech and Breathing therapist . From the beginning, Dr Roe made me feel that not only was my complaint legitimate but was very important to me as a person. He showed great interest in my condition and gave me his full attention with the utmost care and understanding. Dr Roe got to grips with my condition very quickly. He was very honest with me and told me what to expect at every stage. He explained what he could and could not do and kept me completely in the picture at all times. He called me when he said he would and answered my emails promptly. He made me feel I was the most important patient on the books. When I first met Dr Roe I was going through a very distressing time. Dr Roe showed me his care, compassion and understanding. I felt I was talking to a person who not only had excellent knowledge of his subject but had empathy for me personally. It was always good to talk to him. He explained everything to me so that I always understood the exact position I was in. He was always so patient and kind. Yet he never shied away from telling me when things were difficult. He earned my complete trust and I always felt that, whatever the outcome of my therapy Dr Roe would have done his very best for me. I would like to commend Dr Roe wholeheartedly and I could not have wished for a more competent, diligent and genuine therapist. On a personal level, Dr Roe is a very jolly fellow, always made me smile and left me in a more cheerful state than he found me.

16th January 2018
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I would like to commend Dr Justin Roe on the outstanding work he has done for me as a Speech and Breathing Therapist. From the beginning Dr Roe made me feel that my problems were not only legitimate but were very important to me as a person. He showed great interest in me and gave me his full attention with complete care and understanding. Dr Roe got to grips with my complaint very quickly. He was very honest with me and told me what I should expect at every stage. He explained what he could and could not do and kept me completely in the picture at all times. He called me when he said he would and answered my emails promptly. He made me feel that I was the most important patient in his books. When I first met Dr Roe I was going through a very distressing time. Dr Roe showed me his care, compassion and understanding. I felt I was talking to a person who not only had great knowledge of his subject but had empathy for me personally. It was always good to talk to him. He was always so patient and kind. He did not shy away from telling me when things were difficult but always directed me to the positive. I looked upon him as a sort of wise counsellor rolled into my speech and breathing therapist. He earned my complete trust and I always felt that whatever the outcome of my therapy, Dr Roe would have done the very best he could for me. I would like to commend him wholeheartedly to you. I could not have wished for a more competent, diligent and genuine therapist as I found Dr Roe to be. On a personal level, Dr Roe is a very jolly and personable fellow who always brought a smile to my face and left me in a much more cheerful state than he found me in.

12th January 2018
Written by a patient at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea)

He was thorough and caring. He explained the needs I might have during my treatment and how to deal with any problems that might arise.

19th December 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Very professional service given with care and a appreciation of the pataints needs,he has explained every step of the way in an easy to understand language. We are not sure as of today's date if all my needs have been achieved as the treatment in ongoing.

Short link to review Dr Justin Roe: http://iwgc.net/emxxk