Teresa Calheno

MCSP HCPC

Teresa qualified in 2012 from Oporto University of Health Sciences in Portugal with a first class honours degree in Physiotherapy. She has worked for two years in Portugal and over the past year as a Chartered Physiotherapist in the UK, mainly in the private sector with musculoskeletal conditions.

She played basketball for more than 10 years with a physiotherapist role in the last 4 years with the same team.

With the variety of injuries treated she believes the movement control is key to avoiding problems, recurrence of symptoms.
...Show more

9th March 2019
Written by a private patient at Body Logic Health

I first visited with knee problems caused by hypermobile joints a couple of years ago, and saw Amy for regular physio, then switched to Teresa when Amy was on leave, and it's been really helpful. The whole team are professional and work closely together, so I can go to a different person (e.g. Sam when Teresa was on holiday) and they'll still be able to help. Teresa has been good at explaining things so I can change bad habits and look after myself between sessions, and realistic in setting exercise plans. She does a good mix of exercises and massage depending on what's needed.

18th February 2019
Written by a private patient at Body Logic Health

Teresa knows her stuff. As an older patient, she helped me to understand what the problem was with my lower back and the exercises which would help it. Her explanations were clear and the exercises were easy to do, at least for her! She manipulated my back as well and after a couple of sessions it was much easier. She also suggested some exercises which would help my 2arm up for running which in turn would make my back less likely to spasm.

5th February 2019
Written by a private patient at Body Logic Health

I would like to say Teresa Calheno pays attention to whatever you’re injury is and apply her extensive knowledge of the Physio world Helping you through your recovery. She actually cares which I can’t say that about any others I’ve seen in the past I would happily recommend her to anyone knowing she wil do her best to get you back on the road to recovery .

1st February 2019
Written by a private patient at Body Logic Health

I was lucky to find Teresa, who I have been working with for 2 years now on my neck and shoulder tension. She really knows what she is doing and has pinpointed exactly the areas that I need to work on. She's very encouraging and diligent in supporting me with the exercises that I need to do at home - which, lets face it, are boring and hard to motivate myself to do. I find Teresa to be professional, knowledgable and competent, as well as friendly and easy to relate to. She would probably have signed me off by now, but I keep going back for 'top-ups'. In addition, she has all the resources of the Body Logic studio at hand, so I've also been able to use the Pilates reformers, as well as the gym equipment when necessary.

28th January 2019
Written by a private patient at Body Logic Health

Bodylogic was recommended by a friend and I chose well with Teresa. It was several years ago when she first helped me to completely alleviate long-standing painful tension on one side of my neck. She has great focus and the ability to effectively pinpoint the cause of the problem. I've since returned with a hip condition which is the result of having scoliosis of the spine - she's helped me with realignment and patiently explained how to get the most from the recommended exercises. She also helped me tailor some exercises for my osteoporosis. I thoroughly recommend her.

Nearest Physiotherapists