Boots Opticians Peterborough - Long Causeway

Unit 2, 1-4 Long Causeway, Peterborough, PE1 1YD

22nd June 2017

High recommended

21st June 2017

Was a very nice experience. The staff were efficient and understanding. Would definitely recommend.

17th June 2017

No complaints whatsoever about the actual test, it was very thorough. However I am ment to have annual tests. This didn't happen, you only contacted me after two years. The optometrist expressed surprise about this. Also you had a completely wrong contact 'phone number down for me. This isn't very professional and needs improving upon. Way below the standard I expect. The optometrist's name isn't on the prescription form, the section hasn't been filled in. It only contains a Boots stamp. Another example of bad practice.

7th June 2017

Generally pleasant and helpful experience

27th May 2017

Unfortunately the appointment started badly when I arrived before the required time at Peterborough (Queensgate) Boots - my usual Opticians, only to be told that the computer system was down and I might have to wait for my appointment. The assistant when came and said that I was booked into the Long Causeway branch but it was already pass my appointment time. They when gave me the choice of a later appointment at Queensgate or go round to the Long Causeway branch as soon as possible as they had saved me a slot (both options were well thought out by the assistants) but due my to time constraints I had to go to the Long Causeway branch. My appointment went fine at the Long Causeway branch (who were most helpful), but once the pictures of the backs of my eyes were taken it became apparent that different branches can not share information for customer records. I'm now in the position that all my records are with the Queensgate Branch apart from this year - all due to the main booking centre booking my appointment at the wrong branch, even after I made sure that the appointment should be at the Queensgate Branch. Now I need to take an USB Memory stick into both Branches to obtain my records (and photographs) - but apparently this may also cause an issue as Boots HQ need to authorise this (lets just say that if I go into both Branches and have an issue collecting my information then there will be trouble - especially if someone tells me it's due to the Data Protection Act - which of cause is rubbish). Personally I think Boots should just book me another appointment in the Queensgate Branch free of charge so that I have a continuous record in one location and Boots need to update their computer systems so that Client information is held on one server at Boots HQ and then available to any branch as required. Both Branch personnel were most helpful and apologetic for the situation caused by the failure of the Booking Centre. I found the Optician at the Long Causeway Branch to be highly professional and thanked her for this at the time.

Optometrists working at Boots Opticians Peterborough - Long Causeway