Boots Opticians Cambridge - Lion Yard

20-21 Lion Yard, Cambridge, CB2 3NA

26th May 2017

n/a

25th May 2017

The optometrists has been able to give me the best possible eyesight using contacts at a price which is affordable. Also resolve minor problems with my eye health by varying the lens types and through regular and thorough check ups. I am also very satisfied with the boots contact lens scheme which allows flexibility regarding monthly payments and always delivers my lenses on time.

23rd May 2017

The optometrists upstairs was kind, caring and very professional. The staff downstairs was inexperienced, inattentive and ignorant of my special needs. The staff manager had the patience to discuss things with me in a quiet room after several failed attempts, and I left less upset, but the whole experience was unnerving and I will not return. Also I will not recommend Boots opticians to my blind friends. The minimum you can do about patients with special needs is to provide the space and privacy they need to do their business. I felt rushed and disrespected by the staff downstairs. I hope the excellent management will seek to improve things. You need to allocate more experienced staff for your special needs customers.

10th May 2017

Very efficient and friendly service

9th May 2017

All the staff were friendly and helpful. They made a first eye check for a four-year-old into something he found both fascinating and fun. The only things that weren't outstanding were the difficulty of using the pre-test machines for a small child (even sat on my knees, the chin rest was a stretch and the forehead rest was too hard to reach). When he was bursting for the loo at the end of the test, I was told there was no toilet he could use, so we had to race out to look for the nearby shopping centre's facilities. If we hadn't dived into the library to use their (closer) toilets this would have turned a very positive experience into an unmitigated disaster. I can't believe there isn't a toilet in the actual store for staff use - perhaps they could make an exception for a child who really needs to go!