Vickie Franklin

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

22nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Broadwater Medical Centre

Vickie has been dressing a nasty wound on my foot for several weeks now. I’ll almost be sad when it’s better, she is totally professional with a great sense of humour

12th February 2018
Written by a patient at Broadwater Medical Centre

I had to have my first ever blood test, I explained to Vickie I was nervous with needles and blood and she made me feel comfortable and assured me she she wasn’t going to come near me with a needle unless I agreed and explained everything she was doing. She found a vein, I turned away, told her to go for it and it didn’t hurt a bit. Over in no time. She performed my ECG too immediately after instead of me coming back in the evening.

12th February 2018
Written by a carer at Broadwater Medical Centre

I accompanied my sister to get a blood test as she has a phobia of both blood and needles. My sister walked into Vickie’s room already crying and shaking and Vickie immediately put her at ease and explained what she was doing/going to do. She made sure my sister knew that she wouldnt do anything without her consent. She was chatty and got my sister to have her blood test without any fuss which was a miracle. My sister needed to come back in the evening for an ECG and Vickie said there was no need as she’d do it right away, to save us from coming back later. She was as wonderful, I’m immensely grateful to her!

21st April 2017
Written by a patient at Broadwater Medical Centre

I'm a very nervous patient but Vickie was great - very knowledgeable, kind and friendly.

6th October 2016
Written by a patient at Broadwater Medical Centre

Once I got past the medical receptionist, who was extremely reluctant to make an appointment, I was cared for by Vickie who was wonderful. She was considerate, kind and caring and showed a real concern for my welfare. She arranged for follow-up appointments to be made so that my wound could be monitored.

Nearest Nurses