Written by a NHS patient at Psychiatry-UK
19th July 2021

Really good experience, would highly recommend. Thank you.

15th July 2021

I was very pleased to have been looked after by Carol. Not only was Carol very knowledgeable, but she was also very caring, going above and beyond to ensure that I received great care. Carol's efforts in trying to identify and overcome any side effects or issues I had with the new medication were extremely important in helping me tolerate it. The medication itself has had life changing impacts and so I am very grateful. This is also in the context of a huge surge in demand for these services experienced by her employer Psychiatry UK, which no doubt left Carol extremely busy. This, however, never affected Carol's care or the service I received. As such, I'd like to express my sincere thanks to Carol and to let others know of my very positive experience.

Written by a NHS patient at Psychiatry-UK
6th July 2021

Carol answer my messages back so quickly. I have felt completely held by her and trusted all of her guidance and support. She is very knowledgeable and explains things really well. She has come up with lots of creative alternatives when things haven't gone smoothly for me and made sure that everything has been done on time so I've had no anxiety around my meds turning up late etc. I would highly recommend Carol.

23rd June 2021

Carol was my nurse during titration and I cannot recommend her highly enough. For anyone like me who has just been diagnosed with ADHD, there are some understandable concerns when starting medication. Carol was both professional and compassionate when guiding me through the process, and answering any questions I had along the way. She is particularly quick to respond to case notes and always put me at ease with her advice or recommendations. I felt well looked after with Carol and would absolutely recommend her to anyone beginning their titration process.

15th June 2021

Carol is great, responded promptly to queries, helped explain processes and was very knowledgeable in terms of asking questions on my condition

Ms Carol Shue was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Works at

• Mental Health and Learning Disabilities

Qualifications:

• Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber

I am a registered nurse prescriber. I started my journey as a mental health nurse by completing the recognised nursing course in the UK. Since qualifying as a nurse in 2011, I have worked in acute inpatient and community settings. I have helped pioneered the start of an NHS Adult ADHD service in 2011 and developed the service together with a Consultant Psychiatrist and provided a nurse led service for adults. Since 2011, I have participated in training conferences to help train other clinicians who were planning to start an adult ADHD service in their locality or those who have just started working in an adult ADHD service. I have given talks about the nurse led Adult ADHD service that I have helped pioneered in conferences/training sessions. I was voted Clinician of The Year in 2017 in the NHS Trust I was working with, and this reflects my dedication and commitment to continue to develop my nursing practice and deliver the best nursing intervention to those in need.

Nearest Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nurses