Mrs Sharan Ingram

I began my nursing career at Altrincham General Hospital, Market Street as an auxiliary nurse whilst gaining further qualifications to commence my nurse training. I qualified as a registered nurse in 1996 with a diploma in adult nursing at Salford University. To further my professional studies, I successfully completed my BA(hons) in Health Studies and became a member of the Medical Gastroenterology team at Salford Royal for 19 years where I held various positions, mainly that of ward manager on the Gastroenterology ward for 10 years. I then proceeded to change my career pathway from ward management to a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Oesophageal-Gastric cancer for approx 18 months. I then returned to medicine to establish and implement alongside Consultant Gastroenterologists, the liver and pancreatic services at Salford Royal. My role as specialist nurse requires me to be an active member in the delivery of care to patients with a pancreatic, liver, bile duct and duodenal cancer and liver cirrhosis initially at Salford Royal and presently at Manchester Royal Infirmary. I work alongside the hepato-biliary (HPB) multi-disciplinary team to co-ordinate suspected and confirmed cancers investigations and any interventional treatments that patients may require to alleviate their symptoms of jaundice. This requires me to be an autonomous practitioner with a high level of consulting, communication and assessment skills to enable me to deliver a high standard of care. I continue to further my professional studies by completing the Developing Clinical Skills course, Non-medical prescribing and Enhanced communication course to enable me to care for my patients autonomously. I was approached to join the liver and pancreas surgical team at MRI in August 2015 where I continue my clinical nurse specialist role, developing the service and networking with other trusts. I fully enjoy caring for my patients and their families with a hepato-pancreato-biliary cancer.

• Gastroenterology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1
  • Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Sharan was amazing. She is able to deliver facts and reassure at the same time. Nothing was too much trouble for her and I always felt safe and reassured when she was around. She is able to look beyond what is the "general process" for something and come up with a solution and make it happen. However, if Sharan wasn't in work, then the continuity of care did suffer both from the standard and continuity of care received from the doctors and also the general nursing staff on the ward, which was quite frustrating as what she had arranged to happen would be reversed by the general nursing staff and the doctor who happened to be on call. Sharan must be a very busy lady, but she never made you feel that you were taking up too much of her time and both my husband and I are forever grateful to her for her patience and understanding.

11th March 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I have received excellent care from Sharan following my diagnosis of cholangiocarcinoma back in December. She has been fantastic throughout my journey and nothing is ever too much trouble. She always returns calls promptly and is on hand to answer and queries. Sharan has gone above and beyond in chasing my oncology appointment which has been a massive help to me.

12th February 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I was diagnosed with cancer at the beginning of December 2018 and underwent major surgery within 2 weeks. I was introduced immediately to the Surgeon Mr Derek O’Reilly and his team and knew I was in the best of hands. Mr O’Reilly was outstanding in his management of my care and all of the team involved were so professional, knowledgeable and dedicated to ensuring I received the specific care I needed, advice and information. As a member of the team, Sharan Ingram has been superb in her role as HPB Specialist Nurse. Sharan is very approachable, responsive and knowledgeable and is particularly skilled in her support of my continued recovery, and in helping me to overcome any issues and difficulties I face. It has been so reassuring knowing that I can contact her and the Dietitian Neil Bibby at any point to discuss and receive advice about my health concerns and progress. I am very grateful and thankful to all of the team involved in my care.

30th January 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Sharan was my Specialist Nurse during recent surgery to remove cancerous growth from my liver. She took great care to explain the operation and the care I would receive afterwards and was always available to answer my questions and offer advice over dealing with concerns I had during my recovery.

29th January 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Sharan always had time for us and explained everything very clearly and in detail. We felt that we could contact her at any time and if she was not available she always rang us back.

Nearest Gastroenterology Nurses