Mrs Sharan Ingram

I began my nursing career at Altrincham General Hospital, Market Street as an auxiliary nurse whilst gaining further qualifications to commence my nurse training. I qualified as a registered nurse in 1996 with a diploma in adult nursing at Salford University. To further my professional studies, I successfully completed my BA(hons) in Health Studies and became a member of the Medical Gastroenterology team at Salford Royal for 19 years where I held various positions, mainly that of ward manager on the Gastroenterology ward for 10 years. I then proceeded to change my career pathway from ward management to a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Oesophageal-Gastric cancer for approx 18 months. I then returned to medicine to establish and implement alongside Consultant Gastroenterologists, the liver and pancreatic services at Salford Royal. My role as specialist nurse requires me to be an active member in the delivery of care to patients with a pancreatic, liver, bile duct and duodenal cancer and liver cirrhosis initially at Salford Royal and presently at Manchester Royal Infirmary. I work alongside the hepato-biliary (HPB) multi-disciplinary team to co-ordinate suspected and confirmed cancers investigations and any interventional treatments that patients may require to alleviate their symptoms of jaundice. This requires me to be an autonomous practitioner with a high level of consulting, communication and assessment skills to enable me to deliver a high standard of care. I continue to further my professional studies by completing the Developing Clinical Skills course, Non-medical prescribing and Enhanced communication course to enable me to care for my patients autonomously. I was approached to join the liver and pancreas surgical team at MRI in August 2015 where I continue my clinical nurse specialist role, developing the service and networking with other trusts. I fully enjoy caring for my patients and their families with a hepato-pancreato-biliary cancer.

• Gastroenterology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1
  • Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber

7th September 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

My husband and I cannot thank the medical team at Manchester Royal Infirmary enough for the professional and kind treatment that we had at a difficult time in our lives. Specialist Nurse, Sharan Ingram, who works along side Mr De' Ligouri stood out as soon as we met her as kind and compassionate. My husband was due to have a splenectomy which contained a cancerous growth. To make matters more stressful, my husband has severe mental health issues. I am his registered carer. Sharan was patient and receptive to my husbands needs, and genuinely cared that I too was informed and involved in his care as much as possible. I was given her contact number and she kept me updated on all the appointments my husband required. On the day of admission she was great, sorting out a bed for my husband and patiently reassuring him, having a bit of a laugh with him. I don't know what we would have done without her guidance, especially as we were in an hospital which we were not familiar with, and had quite a few appointments on the same day as his admission to the ward. It is great to know there are such dedicated and hard working people in the NHS. It was a pleasure to meet you. From patient and Carer/Family member

30th July 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I could not have asked for better care from MRI from arriving to leaving. The hospital and all the staff involved in my case were outstanding. I had the Whipple procedure performed by Professor O’Reilly who was brilliant and his manner and aftercare second to none. I am extremely grateful for the care I received and would like to thank the entire team!

21st July 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Well, what can I say about this great nurse that hasn't been said already ? In March this year I had my 3rd liver resection within 30 months and under Sharons pre and post op care for all of them. Although the cancer re appears she keeps me in a positive frame of mind during these difficult periods. As a result, I am able to see the future in a better light. She recently found time outside her working hours to call me just to say hello and check on my welfare. Any problems I have, she is available to talk which is of great re assurance. Thank you very much Sharon.

4th July 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I found Sharan very caring and supportive. She always had time to discuss a problem. Whilst I was under the care of Manchester Royal Infirmary, her help was invaluable.

12th April 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I found Sharan to be warm, caring and reassuring, and quick to solve any issues that arose. She was happy to give us as much time as we needed to explain everything. I was very grateful for her excellent care during a difficult time.

Nearest Gastroenterology Nurses