Mrs Sharan Ingram

I began my nursing career at Altrincham General Hospital, Market Street as an auxiliary nurse whilst gaining further qualifications to commence my nurse training. I qualified as a registered nurse in 1996 with a diploma in adult nursing at Salford University. To further my professional studies, I successfully completed my BA(hons) in Health Studies and became a member of the Medical Gastroenterology team at Salford Royal for 19 years where I held various positions, mainly that of ward manager on the Gastroenterology ward for 10 years. I then proceeded to change my career pathway from ward management to a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Oesophageal-Gastric cancer for approx 18 months. I then returned to medicine to establish and implement alongside Consultant Gastroenterologists, the liver and pancreatic services at Salford Royal. My role as specialist nurse requires me to be an active member in the delivery of care to patients with a pancreatic, liver, bile duct and duodenal cancer and liver cirrhosis initially at Salford Royal and presently at Manchester Royal Infirmary. I work alongside the hepato-biliary (HPB) multi-disciplinary team to co-ordinate suspected and confirmed cancers investigations and any interventional treatments that patients may require to alleviate their symptoms of jaundice. This requires me to be an autonomous practitioner with a high level of consulting, communication and assessment skills to enable me to deliver a high standard of care. I continue to further my professional studies by completing the Developing Clinical Skills course, Non-medical prescribing and Enhanced communication course to enable me to care for my patients autonomously. I was approached to join the liver and pancreas surgical team at MRI in August 2015 where I continue my clinical nurse specialist role, developing the service and networking with other trusts. I fully enjoy caring for my patients and their families with a hepato-pancreato-biliary cancer.

• Gastroenterology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1
  • Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber

21st July 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Well, what can I say about this great nurse that hasn't been said already ? In March this year I had my 3rd liver resection within 30 months and under Sharons pre and post op care for all of them. Although the cancer re appears she keeps me in a positive frame of mind during these difficult periods. As a result, I am able to see the future in a better light. She recently found time outside her working hours to call me just to say hello and check on my welfare. Any problems I have, she is available to talk which is of great re assurance. Thank you very much Sharon.

4th July 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I found Sharan very caring and supportive. She always had time to discuss a problem. Whilst I was under the care of Manchester Royal Infirmary, her help was invaluable.

12th April 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I found Sharan to be warm, caring and reassuring, and quick to solve any issues that arose. She was happy to give us as much time as we needed to explain everything. I was very grateful for her excellent care during a difficult time.

12th April 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

A very caring and experienced nurse. She is very authoritative in her subject (upper GI), works hard and always helpful with a great knack of being on hand just at the right time.

10th April 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I have been under the care of Sister Sharan Ingram at Manchester Royal Infirmary for several years and have nothing but high praise for the sincere care and attention I receive. My Whipples operation was done in 2010 at the North Manchester Hospital by Mr Derek O'Reilly (Now Professor), when he was transferred to the MRI, I continued under his care for ongoing treatment and annual scans. The team of Professor O'Reilly and Sharan Ingram treat me as a member of the family, I am always warmly welcomed at the Clinics, my needs receive immediate attention and appointments are arranged as requested. On my most recent visit to the Clinic, my scan report was favourable and the contents were explained to my wife and I in great detail by Sharan Ingram but Professor O'Reilly found time to come over and see us and enquire if all was well. From the time of the operation in 2010 my Nurse was Clare Rynn and she guided me through the post-operation care and ensured that all my wife's concerns about my health were clarified and reassuring advice given.

Nearest Gastroenterology Nurses