Mrs Sharan Ingram

I began my nursing career at Altrincham General Hospital, Market Street as an auxiliary nurse whilst gaining further qualifications to commence my nurse training. I qualified as a registered nurse in 1996 with a diploma in adult nursing at Salford University. To further my professional studies, I successfully completed my BA(hons) in Health Studies and became a member of the Medical Gastroenterology team at Salford Royal for 19 years where I held various positions, mainly that of ward manager on the Gastroenterology ward for 10 years. I then proceeded to change my career pathway from ward management to a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Oesophageal-Gastric cancer for approx 18 months. I then returned to medicine to establish and implement alongside Consultant Gastroenterologists, the liver and pancreatic services at Salford Royal. My role as specialist nurse requires me to be an active member in the delivery of care to patients with a pancreatic, liver, bile duct and duodenal cancer and liver cirrhosis initially at Salford Royal and presently at Manchester Royal Infirmary. I work alongside the hepato-biliary (HPB) multi-disciplinary team to co-ordinate suspected and confirmed cancers investigations and any interventional treatments that patients may require to alleviate their symptoms of jaundice. This requires me to be an autonomous practitioner with a high level of consulting, communication and assessment skills to enable me to deliver a high standard of care. I continue to further my professional studies by completing the Developing Clinical Skills course, Non-medical prescribing and Enhanced communication course to enable me to care for my patients autonomously. I was approached to join the liver and pancreas surgical team at MRI in August 2015 where I continue my clinical nurse specialist role, developing the service and networking with other trusts. I fully enjoy caring for my patients and their families with a hepato-pancreato-biliary cancer.

• Gastroenterology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1
  • Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber

12th April 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I found Sharan to be warm, caring and reassuring, and quick to solve any issues that arose. She was happy to give us as much time as we needed to explain everything. I was very grateful for her excellent care during a difficult time.

12th April 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

A very caring and experienced nurse. She is very authoritative in her subject (upper GI), works hard and always helpful with a great knack of being on hand just at the right time.

10th April 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I have been under the care of Sister Sharan Ingram at Manchester Royal Infirmary for several years and have nothing but high praise for the sincere care and attention I receive. My Whipples operation was done in 2010 at the North Manchester Hospital by Mr Derek O'Reilly (Now Professor), when he was transferred to the MRI, I continued under his care for ongoing treatment and annual scans. The team of Professor O'Reilly and Sharan Ingram treat me as a member of the family, I am always warmly welcomed at the Clinics, my needs receive immediate attention and appointments are arranged as requested. On my most recent visit to the Clinic, my scan report was favourable and the contents were explained to my wife and I in great detail by Sharan Ingram but Professor O'Reilly found time to come over and see us and enquire if all was well. From the time of the operation in 2010 my Nurse was Clare Rynn and she guided me through the post-operation care and ensured that all my wife's concerns about my health were clarified and reassuring advice given.

29th March 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I cannot praise the care I got highly enough. From my initial appointment to discuss the operation that I needed to being discharged by my consultant from the hospital this week, I felt like I had been wrapped in cotton wool. The speed of appointments, replies to my queries by email and visits to me whilst in hospital, I felt cared for and important. Thank you Sharan, Mr De' Liguori Carino and all staff for your excellent care and total professionalism, with the all important human touch.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Sharan was amazing. She is able to deliver facts and reassure at the same time. Nothing was too much trouble for her and I always felt safe and reassured when she was around. She is able to look beyond what is the "general process" for something and come up with a solution and make it happen. However, if Sharan wasn't in work, then the continuity of care did suffer both from the standard and continuity of care received from the doctors and also the general nursing staff on the ward, which was quite frustrating as what she had arranged to happen would be reversed by the general nursing staff and the doctor who happened to be on call. Sharan must be a very busy lady, but she never made you feel that you were taking up too much of her time and both my husband and I are forever grateful to her for her patience and understanding.

Nearest Gastroenterology Nurses