Mr Stephen Ward RN DipN MFEN

Stephen’s pre- registration training was under takin at St Bartholomews School of Nursing, City University in London, qualifying as a Registered Adult Nurse in 2006. Stephen has practised in a number of areas but his early background is mainly in Emergency Nursing / Medicine. He has vast experience working across different settings both as a Prison Nurse and in care of the elderly / mental health as a Senior nurse. He also undertakes some international repatriation work occasionally. Other post registration specialist training has taken place at the Florence Nightingale school of nursing, Kings College London where he undertook his Nurse Practitioner training including undertaking the Independent Nurse Prescribing training which enables him to prescribe any drug for any medical condition without reference to a Doctor within his scope. Over the past 4 years Stephen has been working in primary, Out of hours GP and in urgent and unscheduled care. He is a regular Locum at several settings across London. Stephens’s newest venture is that he has set up small aesthetic skin care business offering patients Botox and dermal fillers on a private basis. Passionate about personalised care for his patients, delivering outstanding care and ensuring care ensuring his relationship with his patients is biased on a joint decision making ensuring that his patients remain at the centre of the care. His specialist interests are mental health, palliative and emergency care. Personal Interests are Travelling, fine dining, and enjoys musical theatre and cabaret shows.

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1
  • Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber

24th June 2018
Written by a patient at Greenford Avenue FHP

Great guy, finally solved the problem my GP couldn't figure out. He relieved me of pain I was suffering, prescribed right medication and was very honest and shown great care and knowledge. I wish my usual GP was as good as him.

12th April 2018
Written by a patient at The Cuckoo Lane Surgery

Stephen was very caring and attentive. He did everything he could to ensure the referrals were complete correctly, and was understanding of circumstances. It is clear that he wants to help, and there is nothing bad to say about him!

4th January 2018
Written by a carer at Greenford Avenue FHP

Dr Ward saw bith my sons today, both of whom have special needs and a fair few health issues. Stephen was very supportive and caring with each of my children during their appointments and provided my children with the care and support they require, along with advice and suggestions on a number of issues. He is very caring, helpful, friendly and we need more doctors like Stephen in our GP practices.

8th December 2017
Written by a carer at Greenford Avenue FHP

I am delighted to find an opportunity to write a review for Nurse, Stephen Ward. I accompanied my daughter to his surgery back in the summer as she was suffering from exhaustion and depression. He immediately was able to connect with her and demonstrated high levels of empathy to gain her trust. My daughter felt comfortable to share with him, what she was going through and discuss options to aid her recovery. We continued to see Stephen through out the summer and I am happy to say that my daughter has made changes in her life and is back on track. I believe that the high level of emotional intelligence and professionalism that Stephen demonstrated was crucial in winning my daughter’s confidence to access the correct support available to her. I believe that teenagers can be wary of trusting and seeking advice from adults as they can feel misunderstood or judged. My daughter was very reluctant to go along to the doctor’s with me for that very reason. However, Stephen totally managed to change her perception and she feels he had the right attitude, provided brilliant advice and guidance delivered in a straight forward and non judge-mental way.

7th December 2017
Written by a patient at Greenford Avenue FHP

I have seen Stephen yesterday and he was extremely efficient and knowledgeable. He was very friendly and approachable with excellent manners and listening skills.

Nearest General Practice Nurses