mr-matthew-chou

Written by a NHS patient at Barking Hospital
4th March 2022

Dr Chou listened to me and problems I had , he took every little detail information I provided and he then worked on with me to get better, I was in really bad shape in mental and sexual health , he gave me guidance gave me materials and books to read which has helped me to learn about myself and what causes them. The Zoom meetings were for one hour however Dr Chou has worked really hard to cover things and make me better mentally and physically active where I’m working towards improvements now. I have had therapy before where they were short to nothing and I was left with out closure however these session with Dr Chou have given me faith that there are professional people who are there to help others, There was a great understanding of what is I needed from these sessions . I just wanted to say big thanks to Dr Chou and the doctor who referred me from sex clinic to this therapy and the team who initially guided me what to do . Thanks again

Written by a NHS patient at Barking Hospital
22nd December 2021

The practitioner was very helpful for my issues. He listens to the issues very carefully and does not realise that we are patient or have some problems. He addressed the root cause of the issue instead of relying on medication or other temporary solutions. He discusses the issues and guides the helpful resources/exercises. It was very helpful in my case. Sexual health issues can not be always treated with medicines. They need proper guidance and help, and Matthew is very helpful in this regard. I would definitely recommend him! He will understand the cause and address it, instead of giving "shallow" help.

• Genitourinary Medicine and Sexual Health

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 2
  • Specialist Practitioner: Adult Nursing

I was trained as a General Adult Nurse ,subsequently as a Sexual Health Adviser, specialising in Sexual Health Medicine spanning over 40 years in the NHS. I am currently practising as a Psychosexual Relationship Therapist.

Nearest Genitourinary Medicine and Sexual Health Nurses