mr-matthew-chou

Written by a patient at Barking Hospital
20th September 2017

After suffering for three years with my problem, I didn't think I was able to get over it. However, with six therapy sessions with Matthew I've completely overcome my problem. Matthew taught me how to see things differently and what the best solution is for that moment in need. I have walked away from these six sessions with confidence that my problem will no longer be an issue to my life. Matthew had a different approach to helping me than any other nurse has given me. Not only did I find his sessions helpful, but I found them interesting, detailed and fun. I highly recommend Matthew to anyone who needs the help and support that they need. To add, Matthew recommends products (e.g. books) that will help as a reference to whenever you need something in-between sessions.

Written by a patient at Barking Hospital
16th August 2017

I was sceptical about sharing my ongoing fears with anyone let alone a male but Matthew listened to everything I felt. He has opened my eyes to many things I never would have known about myself and I cannot thank him enough. Building a solution was key and he made it very clear i didn't have a 'problem' and I wasn't the only person suffering with the fears I had but instead constantly reassured me that there was a solution. Amazing man who has changed my life for the better. I feel as though he has made me feel like an individual and not just a statistic and is going to be there if I ever needed him. Following up my progress and not just signing me of as a 'cured patient' His talents are endless and he's given me a new outlook on life and encouraged me to pursue a things I never dreamed of being possible. I am now considering going back into further education and studying psychology as he has given me the knowledge and understanding in believing that anything is poosible in life even when you have given up hope of ever getting the help you need. I cannot thank him enough and will be forever grateful for the changed he has made in my life

• Genitourinary Medicine and Sexual Health

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 2
  • Specialist Practitioner: Adult Nursing

I was trained as a General Adult Nurse ,subsequently as a Sexual Health Adviser, specialising in Sexual Health Medicine spanning over 40 years in the NHS. I am currently practising as a Psychosexual Relationship Therapist.

Nearest Genitourinary Medicine and Sexual Health Nurses