Lorraine Rigg

DipHe trained Nurse who then topped-up and gained a BSc(Hons) in Nursing Practice. Having worked as a surgical nurse from qualifying, I am now a Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust supporting and caring for patients with new and existing urological cancers.

• Oncology
  • Urology
  • Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

22nd March 2019
Written by a member of staff at Westmorland General Hospital

Lorraine has been amazing. She is constantly going above and beyond for her patients. She is always contactable, always replies, and always cares. She enables patients to make choices about their care, and helps to facilitate their needs. She is always professional, and always a pleasure to deal with.

28th February 2019
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

Got a Urology appointment at a hospital far from where i live ,late in the afternoon. E-mailed Lorraine who agreed that an appointment at a hospital nearer my home would have been the obvious choice! "Leave it with me,i will sort it for you" True to her word,initial appointment cancelled and another booked for me ,at my local hospital. Service DOES NOT get better than this,all done with efficiency,understanding and a smile! What a FANTASTIC nurse!!! Paul Harley

5th January 2019
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

An outstanding and caring professional. Only having dealt with Lorraine for two weeks I have already been impressed with her warmth, thoroughness and proactivity to help me. An impressive demonstration of how the NHS lets talent shine.

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Lorraine to the rescue AGAIN! Booked a PSA test as my 6 monthly review was due with Urology Dept. E-mailed Lorraine to ask her to advise me of the result and any implications,before i went for my appointment. She repiled to advise that the result was excellent,but could not find my name on any up-coming clinic list,but she would sort it for me! Without her help i would have spent ages trying to get the "system" to accept that i was due an appointment and give me a date and time. Her e-mail to me ,advising all this was timed at 10-20pm! We are all so lucky that she is based in our area,without her i would have been "lost" on my "journey" with prostate cancer. Her expertise,compassion ,ability to get problems sorted and above all her kindness and sense of humour are things that i shall be always so grateful for. Once AGAIN thankyou Lorraine Paul H

13th August 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

So fortunate to have Loraine as my nurse. She is so kind caring and patient. She is alaway there for me, answers and questions I have honestly, she is so supportive kind and caring.

Nearest Oncology Nurses