Lorraine Rigg

DipHe trained Nurse who then topped-up and gained a BSc(Hons) in Nursing Practice. Having worked as a surgical nurse from qualifying, I am now a Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust supporting and caring for patients with new and existing urological cancers.

• Oncology
  • Urology
  • Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

5th July 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Lorraine is a genuinely kind and compassionate individual who spent considerable time explaining the finer details of my dad's prostate cancer diagnosis. She is highly responsive to any concerns and queries, whether via phone, email or face-to-face. Her friendly and knowledgeable demeanour puts you at total ease that your loved one is getting the best care possible. During our 2nd meeting with her, in which she was present during dad's consultation with the Oncologist, he received extremely positive news about his prognosis. Lorraine, too, had tears in her eyes upon hearing this, highlighting just how much she is suited to her vocation. A more caring health professional, you couldn't wish to meet.

2nd July 2018
Written by a carer at Furness General Hospital

First class service, crystal clear explanation by a very personable,professional nurse

12th June 2018
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

Recently had 3 monthly PSA test at local GP. Advised Lorraine that it had been done,prior to my next Oncology appointment. 24 hours later,e-mail from Lorraine with results!---------------------what fantastic service from her ,considering how much she is in demand in her day to day workload. Her care and consideration for each patient and their families is fantastic,thank you AGAIN!

4th June 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

From the moment Lorraine was introduced as my husband's Clinical Nurse Specialist we both received excellent care. Her prompt responses to my queries were dealt with sympathetically and quickly. She was so reassuring on all matters and helped us both understand the process for his treatment programme. Her help gave us reassurance at a difficult time with the new challenge facing us. Thank you Lorraine

1st June 2018
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

Lorraine had all the time in the world to discuss my diagnosis with my sister and I. She showed great empathy, and explained in finite detail the process and what’s available to me as support throughout my journey. Clearly of caring nature, she made me feel that I was in good hands. Lorraine Rigg is a credit to a hospital I already know is fabulous anyway. I’m ‘Not’ anxious about the looming spectre of Cancer, I feel positive and it’s largely due to the highly skilled, professional and warm and engaging manner in which I was cared for.

Nearest Oncology Nurses