Lorraine Rigg

DipHe trained Nurse who then topped-up and gained a BSc(Hons) in Nursing Practice. Having worked as a surgical nurse from qualifying, I am now a Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust supporting and caring for patients with new and existing urological cancers.

• Oncology
  • Urology
  • Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Lorraine to the rescue AGAIN! Booked a PSA test as my 6 monthly review was due with Urology Dept. E-mailed Lorraine to ask her to advise me of the result and any implications,before i went for my appointment. She repiled to advise that the result was excellent,but could not find my name on any up-coming clinic list,but she would sort it for me! Without her help i would have spent ages trying to get the "system" to accept that i was due an appointment and give me a date and time. Her e-mail to me ,advising all this was timed at 10-20pm! We are all so lucky that she is based in our area,without her i would have been "lost" on my "journey" with prostate cancer. Her expertise,compassion ,ability to get problems sorted and above all her kindness and sense of humour are things that i shall be always so grateful for. Once AGAIN thankyou Lorraine Paul H

13th August 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

So fortunate to have Loraine as my nurse. She is so kind caring and patient. She is alaway there for me, answers and questions I have honestly, she is so supportive kind and caring.

9th August 2018
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

I consider myself fortunate to have had Lorraine Rigg provide my prostate diagnosis. Lorraine was very clear with all information relating to my prostate cancer which was very helpful and very reassuring. I felt at ease with her and I trusted with confidence all advice provided was given to improve my well-being.

5th July 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Lorraine is a genuinely kind and compassionate individual who spent considerable time explaining the finer details of my dad's prostate cancer diagnosis. She is highly responsive to any concerns and queries, whether via phone, email or face-to-face. Her friendly and knowledgeable demeanour puts you at total ease that your loved one is getting the best care possible. During our 2nd meeting with her, in which she was present during dad's consultation with the Oncologist, he received extremely positive news about his prognosis. Lorraine, too, had tears in her eyes upon hearing this, highlighting just how much she is suited to her vocation. A more caring health professional, you couldn't wish to meet.

2nd July 2018
Written by a carer at Furness General Hospital

First class service, crystal clear explanation by a very personable,professional nurse

Nearest Oncology Nurses