Wishaw General Hospital

50 Netherton Street, Wishaw, Scotland, ML2 0DP

13th February 2020

Recently i had to visit this hospital and just like previous visits,i was disgusted by the main entrance. I Had to fight my way through a cloud of cigarette and vape smoke and fumes.Despite the signs informing patients it was a smoke free zone. Its obvious by the amount of discarded cigarette ends that this smoke free zone isnt being policed or monitored. Or nobody is willing to take responsibility. Once inside i was also surprised by the amount staff who seemed to have nothing to do but chat with each other. There appeared to be more staff than patients. In a tax funded industry that claims underfunding and under resourcing im beginning to have doubts about these claims.

13th December 2019

Not a place I would recommend, a family member was in here for 3 months with no diagnosis and then forced out.

29th October 2019

Listen to patients I was being induced labour and laboured on my own for 8 hours telling hour after hour of my pain and discomfort was offered a bath and paracetamol when I was probably about 4-6cm dilated. I was in the communal inducement ward writhing around in agony but also aware that two other women were just a curtain away so trying to be as quiet as I could. One staff nurse named Fiona was unprofessionally rude and crass with me took no care in my pains or contractions. When someone finally checked me internally 8 hours after my waters broke I was 8cm dilated and rushed to the birthing suite from that point care was excellent so such a shame I’ve had to give a terrible review. Complained after to my local midwife so far have had no response or contact to elaborate. You have to improve ur inducement process i would go as far to say I was tortured by lack of care and terrible attitudes when I was checked on every 4 hours also could have put my baby at so many risks! Lucky she arrived safe and healthy thanks to the efforts of a fantastic few in the end.

14th September 2019

I was receiving day surgery yesterday as an in patient. Treated very well and courteous from the lovely receptionist to all the medical staff. Fully informed at all times as to what was going on as I was nervous, this helped to alleviate it enormously. Cant thank everyone involved in my care enough. A great bunch of friendly professional staff. Many thanks.

16th April 2019

I was admitted for a day surgery 9 April 2019. I was feeling nervous and a bit apprehensive. I needn't have. From the moment I arrived to my discharge the next day I was treated very well. Having had to spend an overnight I was taken from the recovery room to Ward 13. I want to thank all the staff concerned from admittance to pre med to recovery to the ward. All lovely staff. Ward 13 thank you. You all work so very tirelessly and thanks for making my stay pleasurable. ♥️

19th January 2019

I cannot thank the the staff, nurses and surgeons enough for the care given to my daughter. Right from the staff at desk at A&E who actually helped us get to where we had to go, to the nurses who were very kind and checked on her periodically to the surgeons who kept her involved before and after her operation and coming back over the next few days to see how she was. After starting out at Monklands and the way she was treated there, like she was a burden, I was so glad she got transferred to Wishaw.

13th December 2018

My father who suffers from vascular dementia was recently admitted to Wishaw General with a viral infection and was treated there for several weeks. During his time as a patient within Ward 7 he was exceptionaly well looked after by all the staff who were unfailingly attentive, courteous and caring. As well as the medicinal course of treatment he also recieved 24 hour care and support to help him cope with his anxieties and confusion. During his hospitalisation I visted him on forty odd occasions and each time every member staff went out of their way to look out for him and to treat him with kindness and respect. I cannot begin to praise them as much as they deserve except to add that they are a credit to the NHS.

4th November 2018

Ward 13 , great care , great team , credit to WGH

18th October 2018

it is supposed to be smoke free well even staff don't bother, when entering the main entrance please wear a mask patients visitors even staff all having a puff outside and underneath no smoking signs I even saw a pregnant woman having a puff something should be done about this,after all there are always police around PLEASE sort this out the fag ends are everywhere it is a disgrace

10th July 2018

Outpatient appointment at Gynaecology clinic. Very good experience throughout from all staff within building, reception, nurses and especially Dr Minhas. Mega thank you everyone. You made a difference.

{{category}} working at Wishaw General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wishaw General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6hb