William Harvey Hospital

Kennington Road, Willesborough, Ashford, Kent England, TN24 0LZ

1 2 3 4 5 22,062 reviews

Review of Singleton Midwifery Led Unit (Postnatal), written by a patient
16th December 2016

Highly recommend the singleton unit. Excellent care and brilliant facilities. Couldn't have had better care.

Review of Cambridge M1, written by a patient
20th December 2015

My experience was very pleasant, the nurses and HCA's were conscientious, friendly and showed genuine commitment to make all the patients comfortable. The only improvement I would suggest is to inform patients of procedures, Doctor visits and medication in the mornings, a sort of quick briefing of your day to come. The unknown element can mean you are reluctant to leave your bed for exercise, or pop to the shop. I would like to finish by commending the staff on their work ethic, quiet often they seem over burdened but never complain.

13th August 2015

I had a good experience for my first birth. Everything was explained so I knew exactly what was happening and everyone listened to my wants and needs and they were carried through. After my son arrived they were fantastic with the visitors.

10th August 2015

I hadn't realised I was in such established labour and was planning on attending WHH for a scan due to reduced fundal height on Sunday 9th August. As it turns out I went into labour on the 8th August and consequently I hadn't rung the labour ward to warn the of our impending arrival or to check their was space. However I cannot fault the way we were treated when I arrived there fully dilated. I was fortunate to have Rachel Greenwood look after me and deliver our daughter. Rachel is an absolute shining star of professionalism and compassion. I felt in the safest of hands and both my husband and I are actually pleased how it all worked out for us and so glad we had our baby on the labour ward. So many friends had recommended Margate to us that we had hoped to have our a baby there but as I've said I cannot fault our care on the labour ward in WHH or on Folkestone ward and would not hesitate to recommend Ashford as a place to have your baby. Our aftercare was great as well. Sadly I cannot remember the name of the midwife who first looked after us on Folkestone ward but she was incredible as well, and was a huge help to get breastfeeding established. The evening shift midwife was fabulous as well and so was the one who discharged and sorted us out the next day. It is clear there are staff shortages etc. But all the staff we encountered were brilliant and working so hard to give a positive birth experience. Thank you to you all, I am an NHS worker and this made me proud of our organisation.

Review of Singleton Midwifery Led Unit (Birthing Unit), written by a patient
27th May 2015

Midwife care was excellent. There was good facilities for partners. The negative was that room 6 was too hot and midwife did not know how to turn off lighting.

Review of Richard Stevens Stroke Unit, written by a patient
24th May 2015

The ward was clean and tidy at all times. The staff were fantastic nothing was too much trouble for the nurses.

Review of Kennington, written by a patient
22nd May 2015

Staff very kind ,helpful and nothing was any trouble for them.

Review of Labour Ward (WHH), written by
21st May 2015

Excellent clinical care - majority of staff positive and helpful Good support by the midwives and student midwives during a physically and mentally demanding time Disappointing that there are no male toilet facilities in the unit, as this means partners have to trek to the hospital entrance to use the toilets. If labour progressed quickly, this could mean that they are absent at a critical time! Also, there were only two women on the labour ward at one point and my 7-year old came to visit me. He was told that he was not allowed to use the toilets either - which seemed a bit ridiculous in the circumstances The staff ran a bath for me immediately after delivery - very thoughtful, but would have preferred to have access to a shower so as not to be sitting in bloody/mucky water!

Review of Kings D Male, written by a patient
19th May 2015

Very good ward. Helpful staff. Food was good. Ward was clean

12th May 2015

From the first phone call, the nurses were professional, calm and sympathetic. My baby was delivered with forceps, and throughout my labour i was kept informed of what was happening and what my options were. I can't thank the doctors and nurses enough for helping to deliver my little boy safely and quickly. NHS staff are doing an amazing job under constant pressure. Well done, and thank you!!

{{category}} working at William Harvey Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review William Harvey Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6gw