Weston General Hospital

Grange Road, Uphill, Weston Super Mare, Somerset England, BS23 4TQ

8th December 2018

This is the second time I have been admired to Weston general, this time with meningitis and the staff couldn’t have been freindlier from the nurses, porters and doctors. I had my own room with a bathroom in both occasions. The facility was clean and I was checked on rugulary. The nurse even offered to set me up on the WiFi.

18th September 2018

It has taken me a long time to have the strength to write this review. My Mum was admitted following a fall and fracturing her hip. She developed pneumonia, staff were uncaring. They did not pick up on clinical changes quickly enough. I had to push for a medical review, physically Mum was having rigors and appeared very unwell, but the nurse told me her last set of observations had been fine. Early signs of infection were missed. Her condition continued to deteriorate requiring non-invasive ventilation, which was poorly managed by the overstretched ward staff. Nurses and Doctors did not liaise with me or my Father. I had to seek them out, as they appeared to avoid conversations. The respiratory medical team appeared to refuse to notice that my Mum was dying. She became malnourished, not helped by staff leaving food but not giving her prescribed essential dietary enzymes (Creon) to help her digest this food which lead to acute diarrhoea, and very sore skin. When her requirement for ventilation increased and the mask needed to remain in-situ staff failed to offer adequate comfort and mouth care, the roof of her mouth was so dry and blistered. The only good news was that Mum was moved to ITU, it became obvious that she would not survive but the ITU team informed us of all changes, plans were discussed, and we were supported. Had she remained on the ward, I'm sure our experience would have been very different. The ward did not have enough experienced staff to cope with the complex needs of the patients receiving ventilation. The ward nurses and doctors did not communicate well with my Mum or the family.

4th September 2017

My dad was treated wonderfully by the staff here and I was looked after too (his daughter). They kept us updated about what was going on at every point. Everyone was kind and sensitive to our needs and the doctor and consultant told us exactly what the next steps were. I highly recommend Weston General.

4th May 2017

Further to my review about my Mum on Kewstoke Ward. I have found tucked away within her notes Documents for End of Life. The last Days of Patient I was never informed within this 5 page document it mentions agreed with daughter (again) falsified) One page the doctor wants to speak to the daughter never informed of that. There nearly all day the last day. Not informed about the above. Disgraceful treatment

1st May 2017

I totally agree the review of the person writing of Berrow Ward, My Mum was taken in with sepsis and pnuemonia and then discharged according to the notes the day after.given dreadful treatment by untrained staff, placed between 2 dementia pàtients kept asking for a drink. The staff advised no time to bring the drink trolley round.never gave her a drink, paid for the notes, they were falsified. Jewellery was taken.it was left on the ward 2 weeks after she passed away through lack of care . and items missing. They are not concerned. She was not treatment with any dignity or respect.She was taken in again a few days after she was discharged. No care and training on Kewstoke Ward

{{category}} working at Weston General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Weston General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6fx