university-hospital-of-north-durham

North Road, Durham, England, DH1 5TW

1 2 3 4 5 76,765 reviews

No improvement.

20th April 2013

staff attitude & care was great. discharge has taken a while. wonderful & very helpful ward staff. thank you.

20th April 2013

Friendlyness and professionalism of staff & students.

Review of Ward 11,
20th April 2013

Patient states well treated with respect and dignity by all grades of staff, Drs and nurses.

Review of A & E North Durham,
13th April 2013

After having to attend the A/E dept, we were advised a triage nurse would see us within 1hour after 2hour passed we eventually got assessed to be told injury would need x-rayed and that the card needed to have x-ray would get signed after seeing a further 5/6 triage at this I complained and it was done immediately, however after x-ray was completed the card then had to be put in the triage nurses slot on her door, this was left there for over 1hour after asking if this had been placed in the right place it was then took out. In total we arrived at the hospital at 7.15pm and got back home 0.50am. I understand emergencies have to be dealt with immediately as a priority but think that a member of staff could inform patients in the waiting area of the A/E of the delays and not just leave patients to get frustrated. I feel there was no structure in place as patients who came in after us were triaged before us

10th April 2013

The room was lovely. Sue Smith, midwife, was wonderful. The doctors were always available when required. All Ward staff was very friendly, supportive and took very good care of us. The only thing we missed was to show us how to bath our baby.

29th March 2013

I was given the very best of care and attention by every member of staff from reception right through to discharge several days later, I was made to feel important by their friendly attitude.

Efficiency
Caring
Nursing staff
26th March 2013

During pregnancy I was primarily looked after at this hospital, and found no problems what so ever. During this time I found the hospital consistently clean and well maintained. I used the restaurant numerous times and thoroughly enjoyed it. Towards the end of my pregnancy I had a fall, I was unsure of what to do so I called the maternity ward. They advised me to come in and saw me quickly and efficiently. When it came to giving birth to my son, I called them in the morning and they saw me shortly after. The midwives were attentive and caring for my needs. I unfortunately had to have an unpresitented emergency c-section, and the doctors, and midwives kept me calm during this, although I was completely petrified. After the c-section I stayed in hospital for a week. I only stayed on a 4 bed ward for one night, then for the rest of my stay in my own private room. The doctors, nurses, healthcare assistants, and cleaning staff were absolutely fabulous during this time, and i'd reccomend this hospital to anyone.

Efficiency
Caring
Nursing staff

{{category}} working at University Hospital of North Durham ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review University Hospital of North Durham: http://iwgc.net/eb6c2