the-royal-london-hospital

The Royal London Hospital

Whitechapel Road, London, England, E1 1BB

1 2 3 4 5 89,382 reviews

« 1 2 3 4 »

Review of Friday Diabetes & Endocrine Clinic- RLH Antenatal Clinic, written by a patient
6th June 2019

I am disappointed in how the antenatal clinic is run. The waiting time is worse than GP. I work in the maternity department but not in the antenatal part if I knew how awful it is I would have gone to a different hospital. The staffs have no considerations to expected mums who are waiting for more than 2 hours to be seen. One occasion I was failed to be told that I was not going to see the midwife and was waiting for more than 2 hours in the waiting area. It was upsetting to see people come after me and seen before me. What is the point in allocation appointment times to patient if they are not seen in time. I have noticed that the midwifes are slow and take their time and have no time keeping. I have also noticed that the girls in the pink uniform who take the maternity notes failed to mention to me that I was not going to see the midwife. When I went to inquire I found the girl chatting away and made it out like she was going to tell me. I was not able to be seen by the midwife for my 31 week check due to over an hour wait and I could not wait to be seen due to having to return to work to start my own clinic. I do not like how the midwifes behave and their attitudes. That is something that needs to change. You can not expect expected mothers to be waiting in the waiting area for more than hours without and update whats going on and how long the wait will be. The reception staff was very helpful and friendly I have no suggestions for them.

25th May 2019

Excellent!

Review of Physician's Response Unit - RLH, written by a patient
19th May 2019

I was assaulted and having the GP come to me rather than having to go to A&E was very welcome and much appreciated.

Review of Emergency Surgical Ambulatory Care (ESAC) - RLH, written by a patient
19th May 2019

Was informed by nursing staff what was happening

15th April 2019

After having my operation on Thursday 11th April there were no beds available on any ward so I spent the night in the recovery ward. The staff were so good. Made me feel welcome and looked after my every need with care and consideration. What a wonderful bunch of people. I would like to mention a few that really stood out and went above and beyond . India, LouLou, Sybel, Jose, Pablo, Jessica and Lani. Unfortunately I did not get everyone's name but everyone I met were wonderful. I hope that this message gets back to that Ward because they really should be praised for the fantastic way that they carry out their duties. Thank you so much.

Review of Physician's Response Unit - RLH, written by a patient
27th March 2019

I had two concerns - at least |I thought they were one. 1. I had found I couldn't read out loud from the Bible - the letters didn't make sense, and I couldn't remember verses I am very familiar with and normally can repeat by heart without any difficulty. 2. Later that morning I began to feel sick, then I was sick, and have not been able to eat anything from yesterday after breakfast - nothing at all today. I had a very bad headache in the night and morning. I rang 111. I was asked a number of questions; one of them was about medications. I said that the amlodopine that I had been taking for some years had been taken off in a review in February. I was then told that an ambulance would come and take my blood pressure, and see if the removal of amlodopine was a mistake. Within half an hour an ambulance with a very pleasant and helpful pair of professionals arrived. They reckoned that my blood pressure was higher than it should be, and thought that the amlodopine ought to be resumed. They would get a doctor to come and prescribe it (if he agreed.) They ran the Physician Response Unit. They said it might be a couple of hours before they came. But in fact they were here in fifteen minutes or less, before the ambulance people had left. So all four professionals made tests and questioned me and used various bits of special equipment. All in such a friendly, and pleasant way. It was really a joy to have such nice people taking such a personal interest. The doctor gave as his opinion that I had had a TIA in the morning yesterday, and that taking amlodopine again should stop that recurring. And the sickness must have been a something different - a touch gastro-enteritis or something. To get the prescription right they drove round to our GP (it was 5.45 pm) and found one of our doctors, and made arrangements for revised prescription. They came back to our house and told me that it would entail my going to the Homerton, and they arranged for that to happen in a day or two. Meanwhile they gave me one large aspirin and suggested buying and taking 75mg a day to keep my blood thin. They left papers explaining all that they had done and suggested. What a pleasant pair of men - nothing was too much trouble it seemed.

Review of Dermatology Outpatients - RLH, written by a patient
18th March 2019

Nothing is great. People are regardless of my problem, they don’t make any effort to fix the issue created by their own department. They lost my case and didn’t even realise that they did until I called numerous people. They are unorganised and unfriendly. I have been waiting for a month and I still don’t get an answer.

Review of Fracture Clinic - RLH, written by a patient
7th March 2019

I've had only 2 appointments to see a consultant at the Fracture Clinic regarding my knee condition. The process started in September 2018 and has only concluded as of March 2019. Appointments have been constantly delayed or rescheduled during that time. At the appointment itself - I was made to wait over 2 hours for the first appointment and over 3 hours at the second, with no information provided as to when I would actually get seen. To wait this long and only be in the room for a few minutes I think is totally unacceptable. For the 2nd appointment the consultant didn't even stick around to see me, I saw him walk out, and he delegated this to someone else to give me the results of my treatment even after me waiting hours to get seen. All the way through I feel I've not been treated with a level of care that is acceptable. I am unsure on what my options are, actually feeling quite helpless in the whole situation due to how uninformed I've been and how much of my time has been wasted. I won't be continuing my treatment at the Royal London fracture clinic, due to the wait times, unreliability and quality of treatment provided thus far.

« 1 2 3 4 »
{{category}} working at The Royal London Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal London Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6au