the-james-cook-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 50,772 reviews Write a review

The James Cook University Hospital

Marton Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England, TS4 3BW

28th June 2017

Go to Ward 26 Neuro Rehabilitation at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough if you want to be discharged with bed sores. Not a very nice thing especially if we're in 2017 this should not happen.

5th June 2017

At James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough - I cant complain about James Cook University Hospital but I can complain about Ward 26 Neuro at James Cook. My reasons in Ward 26 Neuro once you get past your discharge date even if it's a week over in Ward 26 Neuro they try at any cost to kick you out straight away even when your not 100%. Also the nurses do not have a clue about Brain injury and were clueless looking after my relative. This Ward needs to either get a whole new set of Nurses or they need the Nurses to be trained up again because they failed my relative. This is the only Ward at James Cook I have issues with every other Ward my relative has been on has been excellent. You can tell the difference between a Nurse who has passion for the job and a Nurse who just doesn't care one bit. I advise anyone going on this Ward to stand your ground and if you think you know better speak out, but you will find they won't listen.

3rd June 2017

James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough I would recommend as a great hospital to everyone. Ward 26 Neuro i woulden't recommend anyone at all - my relative did not improve one bit in that Ward mainly because the nurses, Physio and Ocupational therapist gave up on them to soon. Simple things like my relative needing the toilet my relative needs help but the nurses would leave him then he would end up having an accident and the nurses would drag themselves up to clean my relative even though it could of been prevented another thing my relative just needing a wash or change of top some days it diden't happen cleanliness is a big thing in hospital but Ward 26 lacked simple cleanliness I ended up cleaning up and tidying around aswell. The is the one Ward that let me down and it is Ward 26 Neuro to anyone going down there or has a loved one going down there for treatment be ready for disappointment. There is a lack of enthusiasm for the job.

2nd June 2017

James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough is an outstanding Hospital with the best Doctors and Nurses around. But it's a shame Ward 26 Neuro lets the hospital down, Ward 26 Neuro needs to look at other wards at James Cook to see how other Wards are well run. Ward 26 is meant to be rehabilitation but if you don't get the care you need you won't progress. Depending on which Nurses are on which shift depends on the level of care you get. I would recommend James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough as a great Hospital to everyone but i won't recommend Ward 26 Neuro as a great Ward this Ward needs something to change for example Staff don't update you on your relatives progress, and some Nurses clearly can't be bothed. It's a real shame because this Ward could be so much better.

2nd June 2017

I have nothing but praise for James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough. ICU Excellent care Ward 24 Neurosurgical HDU Amazing care... but Ward 26 Neuro at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough where my relative was treated not so good. At first when my relative arrived in Ward 26 Neuro we had high hopes but two months down the line massive disappointment. The care was inconsistent there was a big lack of communication between staff and relatives and the staff were not as caring it seemed more of an effort for them to care for my relative. You only found out which nurse was looking after your relative when medication was giving and then it was quick in and out. Physio side diden't push my relative enough Ocupational side also didn't push my relative enough. This ward is meant to be specially trained in brain injury but i diden't see any evidence in this. If you are going on this ward be prepared for a let down.

{{category}} working at The James Cook University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The James Cook University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb49d