the-james-cook-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 50,769 reviews Write a review

The James Cook University Hospital

Marton Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England, TS4 3BW

2nd June 2017

James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough is an outstanding Hospital with the best Doctors and Nurses around. But it's a shame Ward 26 Neuro lets the hospital down, Ward 26 Neuro needs to look at other wards at James Cook to see how other Wards are well run. Ward 26 is meant to be rehabilitation but if you don't get the care you need you won't progress. Depending on which Nurses are on which shift depends on the level of care you get. I would recommend James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough as a great Hospital to everyone but i won't recommend Ward 26 Neuro as a great Ward this Ward needs something to change for example Staff don't update you on your relatives progress, and some Nurses clearly can't be bothed. It's a real shame because this Ward could be so much better.

2nd June 2017

I have nothing but praise for James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough. ICU Excellent care Ward 24 Neurosurgical HDU Amazing care... but Ward 26 Neuro at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough where my relative was treated not so good. At first when my relative arrived in Ward 26 Neuro we had high hopes but two months down the line massive disappointment. The care was inconsistent there was a big lack of communication between staff and relatives and the staff were not as caring it seemed more of an effort for them to care for my relative. You only found out which nurse was looking after your relative when medication was giving and then it was quick in and out. Physio side diden't push my relative enough Ocupational side also didn't push my relative enough. This ward is meant to be specially trained in brain injury but i diden't see any evidence in this. If you are going on this ward be prepared for a let down.

6th May 2017

All i can say is Nurse Grahame from ward 24 HDU Neurosurgical at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough is a star nurse, and isen't appreciated enough i think for the hard work he does he treated my family member with great care and respect and treated my family with care and compassion and made us feel at ease every step of the way. Thank you nurse Grahame I hope you get to read this and who ever gets to meet him on Ward 24 HDU Neurosurgical will see why he is the best.

19th April 2017

Hi just a quick review on a nurse from James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough. Nurse Grahame from James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough Ward 24 HDU Neurosurgical is a fantastic nurse who is dedicated to his job he treated me and my family with respect and you can see how well respected he is. He is always smiling answers any questions or worries you may have, and he has a way of making patients feel at ease as well as having a great sense of humour. He never stops for a break and always puts the needs of others first. I think he deserves more praise and who every meets him will know why i respect him greatly, I hope this review helps who ever is going to be going into Ward 24 HDU and being looked after nurse Grahame because of your looked after by him you will be in the safest hand from a great nurse.

28th March 2017

Nurse Grahame from James Cook University Hospital Middlesbrough Ward 24 HDU Neurosurgical is an exceptional nurse who genuinely cares for his patients and family members. I am so pleased i met him he looked after my family member in HDU 1 that's the first room where he always is stationed and i really appreciate him greatly. I don't know if he will read this but he really made a difference. From reading all the other reviews about him I'm not the only one who thinks this Nurse Grahame is respectful hard worker and loves his job and is a true gent. The nicest man I have met in a long time. Thank you Nurse Grahame I hope you know how much of an positive impact you make on a daily basis.

{{category}} working at The James Cook University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The James Cook University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb49d