the-james-cook-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 50,769 reviews Write a review

The James Cook University Hospital

Marton Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England, TS4 3BW

12th March 2013

staff very friendly and informative, at the time of staff change new on duty staff introduced themselves. ward clean and rubbish removed from patients tables and floor regularly Only one small comment, the bed side light: i believed that mine was broke, but it turned out that in order for it to work, it was required to turn on light from back wall, before you could use bed side light button on nurse call button.

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

7th March 2013

I can only comment on the following locations of JCUH :- Ward 4; Renal Unit; Ward 5 and Ward 27. Very clean wards - courteous, friendly staff.

24th May 2012

MINE IS A LONG STORY AND WARD 26 WAS THE FINAL WARD I WAS ON DURING MY 7 WEEK STAY AT JAMES COOK HOSPITAL LAST APRIL/MAY. I SUFFERED A BRAIN ANEURYSM AND WAS AIR LIFTED TO JCUH ON 5TH APRIL 2012 FROM MY HOME IN PICKERING NORTH YORKS. I WAS UNCONSCIOUS AND SO DO NOT RECALL ANYTHING OF THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF MY CARE BUT I KNOW THAT WHEN I FIRST CAME ROUND FROM BEING IN AN INDUCED COMA I WAS IN THE HIGH DEPENDANCY UNIT. I SUFFERED COMPLICATIONS (CHEST INFECTION AND MENINGITUS) WHICH I CANNOT RECALL BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT BY MY FAMILY/DOCTORS. THE CARE PROVIDED WAS IMPECCABLE ACCORDING TO MY FAMILY/CLOSE FRIENDS WHO WERE VISITING REGULARLY. THE LATTER PART OF MY STAY IN HDU BRINGS BACK FOND MEMORIES OF LOVELY STAFF, IN PARTICULAR A LADY CALLED NAZ WHO MANAGED TO MAKE ME SMILE AND CHUCKLE EVEN AFTER THE TRAUMA I HAD ENDURED! AFTER A FEW WEEKS IN HDU I WAS WELL ENOUGH TO BE MOVED TO NEURO REHAB. AGAIN THE CARE WAS IMPECCABLE AND EVEN THOUGH I WAS IN HOSPITAL AND BEARING IN MIND I HAD A 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AT HOME (SHE STAYED WITH MY MUM THROUGHOUT MY HOSPITAL STAY AND THEY BOTH VISITED ME DAILY) AND A DOG AT HOME WHO I MISSED SO MUCH I ACTUALLY MADE FRIENDS ON THE WARD AND WE HAD A GOOD NATTER AND A LAUGH WITH THE STAFF. THE WARD WAS CLEAN, THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND AS I SUFFER FROM A WHEAT INTOLERENCE THE WARD STAFF MADE ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE KITCHEN EVERY DAY TO PROVIDE ME WITH MEALS THAT WERE WHEAT FREE! BLESS THEM! THE CONSULTANT, DOCTOR ANWAH CAME ROUND VISITING US ALL ON A WEEKLY BASIS AND I HAVE HAD FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENS WITH HIM SINCE BUT HAVE NOW BEEN DISCHARGED FROM HIS CARE. I DID SAY TO HIM AT MY LAST APPOINTMENT THAT I HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF WARD 26 AND HE SAID THAT MOST PEOPLE WHO SPENT TIME ON THE WARD REPORT SIMILARLY TO HIM. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT JAMES COOK HOSPITAL IS A TRULY AMAZING PLACE AND IS RUN BY FANTASTIC, FRIENDLY, VERY SKILLED PEOPLE. I WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE TO CHOOSE TO BE CARED FOR THERE OR HAVE THEIR LOVED ONES CARED FOR THERE IF THEY HAVE A CHOICE.

31st October 2012

Over the last couple of years i have gone from not needing any medical care to being totally reliant on the services provided by the staff of Ward 4 and the Renal Unit. The staff in both areas are superb, and although i've received care from other hospitals and wards in JCUH (5 and 27 - both very good providers of care) - Ward 4 / Renal Unit staff are unbeatable. Nothing is too much trouble for them and you are treated more as a friend than a patient by many of the staff. The ward is extremely clean and i've encountered no issues during my many stays.

{{category}} working at The James Cook University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The James Cook University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb49d